Chapter 26

Annabeth POV

I didn't have time to feel bad about leaving Percy behind. 

The plane was having a lot of turbulence, and I had to strap in immediately. Since it was a cargo plane, all of the cargo (ie bombs) was strapped in the center. Meanwhile, the seats were located on both sides of the plane. 

Only four soldiers including myself made it onto the plane. 

We all sat side-by-side, but no one talked. Maybe, that was a pattern within terrorist organizations: the actual laborers didn't talk. 

I wanted to distract myself with a conversation, but I didn't want to be the first to speak. As such, hours went by, yet no one spoke.

Gods, I really hoped that Percy was okay.

I shook my head with a sigh. Percy had gotten hurt from being dragged by the plane, but I really prayed that my Seaweed Brain was all right. 

Suddenly, the plane jolted causing the bombs to shift. 

They weren't strapped in properly, so two male soldiers got up to secure the cargo. I didn't know any of them. They all wore masks and black uniforms. 

"You almost blew it for us," the remaining soldier said. 

My head whipped around to face the only other female soldier that I've seen in BlodgeHarm in the past few hours. I couldn't see her face, but she had long black hair and dark eyes.

"What do you mean? We all helped load the bombs," I said confidently. 

She simply chuckled as she faced the other soldiers strapping the bombs down. Then, she turned back to me. 

"Lake Valor called law enforcement too early," she said firmly. 

I froze as I stared at her. She seemed to know everything, but she wasn't alarmed or raising alarm. 

"Who are you?" I asked quietly. "How do you know about us?"

"I'm not supposed to give out my information, but I suppose we are both in the same situation. My name's Reyna Arellano, and I'm a part of MI6 under the British government," she said calmly.

I relaxed as I analyzed the situation. Reyna did have a foreign accent, and she seemed like a good, determined individual. 

"Are you a spy or traitor?" I asked suspiciously. 

"I heard that Lake Valor was having trust issues," Reyna said chuckling. "But no, I have been undercover for several weeks now, tracing the activity of the bombs." 

"And, you're team came in and almost screwed it up," she finished. 

"Well, we didn't. We stopped almost 50% of the bombs from getting on this plane while still getting this flight to launch to its final destination," I said firmly. 

Reyna simply nodded as she stretched in her seat. 

"I suppose that's true, but the main work is ahead of us," Reyna said. 

Of course, Reyna was right. We were heading towards the main rally point, but our main goal was to stop the bombs' dispersal. Saving the world was our job (it didn't matter whether we were employees at Lake Valor, MI6, the army, CIA, etc.). 

"Anyway, what's your name?" Reyna asked calmly. 

The other two soldiers were struggling with the bombs, which gave us a few more minutes to talk. I hesitated to tell Reyna about my identity. However, she told me her name and ID.