Chapter 31

Annabeth POV

Moscow, Russia. 

Lake Valor had rented out a 3-story building with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms for us to stay at. We were staying with the hostages who were all getting documented. 

They needed rest and medical attention, more than the agents did. 

Also, we had to contact their families and loves ones. 

The surprising part was that many of the hostages were related to the spies and traitors that were at Lake Valor. They were forced to be traitors because they were trying to protect their family members from death at the camp. 

Dr. Solace had flown out with his staff to provide medical help. 

He was the one to stitch up my thigh. The pain killers were certainly having a positive effect. I was sitting on the couch in the second floor's main lobby. 

Each floor of the building had a main lobby with several couches and tables. The elevators and stairs opening into the lobby. The hallways led out in all four directions with bedrooms. 

You could imagine that it was like a hotel but with a large lobby on each floor. 

Some of my team was also hanging out here. 

We had obviously decided to leave the bedrooms and bathrooms to the prisoners who had been through so much. They deserved to clean up and get rest. 

I looked down as my fingers continued to brush Percy's hair. Seaweed brain was asleep with his head resting on my good leg. His face was buried into my stomach as his body laid on the couch. 

As soon as Percy rested against me, he fell asleep. 

Gods, Percy was so cute when he slept. I didn't feel like waking him up even after people started to join us in the lobby. 

"Hey, Annabeth, how are you feeling?" Thalai asked as she sat at a desk. 

Her laptop was open, and she seemed to be looking at some Lake Valor files. She was helping Chiron organize all of the victims' files. 

"I'm all right, Thalia. My leg's okay too," I replied. 

Thalia smiled as she turned to me. She looked at me and Percy fondly. 

"You know that Percy missed you quite a lot. I could literally see his heart aching because he wasn't with you," Thalia expressed. 

I smiled as I continued to brush Percy's raven hair.

I was so glad that we were together again. He was right that even if we separate due to the cruel world we live in, we'd always find each other again. 

Suddenly, a young woman started walking towards us from the east hallway. 

Literally, three members of our team were sleeping. Everyone else turned towards the young woman, the same one that I saved at the camp. 

"Hi, what can we do for you?" Jason asked kindly. 

"I just wanted to say thank you," the woman said as she turned to me. "You saved my life and my dignity in the camp even though that blew your cover." 

I smiled kindly at the woman. 

"I was just doing my job, and it all worked out in the end. I am so glad that you're okay," I responded. 

The woman smiled as she stood awkwardly. 

"I propose that you should get some rest. It's gonna be a while till we can navigate everyone's contacts and families," Thalia said to her.