Chapter 11

Annabeth POV

I stared at Percy's retreating figure. He looked angry and upset at the same time as he quickly stormed off. It was strange. 

It was strange unless Luke and I being together irked him in the wrong way. 

However, if Percy had memory loss, then why should my relationship with Luke bother. I didn't understand what was going on in Percy's head. 

Was he implicitly remembering some things--maybe not memories but emotions?

"Annabeth," Luke interrupted my thoughts. 

My head snapped back to face Luke. I hadn't even heard what he last said because I was thinking about Percy too much. 

"Sorry, I zoned out. What was that, Luke?" I asked. 

Piper was already starting to train with the punching bags. Right now, she was practicing her lower body combat skills (i.e. kicking). 

Luke huffed in slight annoyance. 

"Annabeth, I was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner again this Friday," Luke said. 

I stared at Luke for a few seconds. While I was okay going to dinner with him, I didn't want to go this Friday. 

This Friday was August 18th. 

"I wish that I could, Luke, but I have another dinner with friends scheduled for Friday," I said. 

In reality, I had no plans on Friday. No one planned anything yet, but I was sure that Jason and Thalia would do something, especially since it was Percy's birthday.

"No worries, Annabeth. Maybe, some other time," Luke said with a smile. 

"Yeah, sure," I said firmly before Luke left. My gaze returned to the direction that Percy left. He went to the shooting ranges because that was the next station. 

Percy was a great shooter. The skill was ingrained in his muscle memory. 

I joined Piper in practicing combat drills on the punching bag next to Piper's. She was already working up a sweat, and I was ready to get a workout in as well. 

"So, Annabeth, did you see how Percy reacted to you and Luke?" Piper asked. 

I punched the bag hard before throwing an immediate kick. I let out a huffed breath before turning to Piper. 

"Yeah, it was weird," I said. 

"Percy was definitely jealous," Piper said with a chuckle. 

I coughed out in surprise. Piper was very good at analyzing people's emotions, so it was strange that she noticed something off too. 

"What are you talking about, Piper?" I asked incredulously. 

Piper stopped kicking her punching bag and turned to me in annoyance. She stood there staring at me while she tapped her foot on the floor. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Annabeth, can you stop playing dumb? Modestly speaking, I'm better than most people when it comes to deciphering people and relationships. Besides I'm your best friend, so I've known about you and Percy for a long time," Piper said firmly. 

I sighed as I turned back to punch my bag. I already knew that Piper knew about my secret relationship. 

We just never talked about it. 

"What's there to know, Piper? He doesn't remember our relationship anymore. We started a secret and ended the same way," I said. 

Piper sighed. "I think that Percy still has feelings for you."