Chapter 32

Annabeth POV

The GPS coordinates that Luke sent led us into the woods outside of Moscow. Percy and I were walking through the dense green alone. 

Our team and soldiers were following a safe distance behind. 

We couldn't tip off the terrorists that we were bringing an entire ambush to them. Of course, they probably already knew that it was coming. 

To be honest, this looked like a last-ditch effort at revenge. 

At this point, Kronos didn't care about his terrorist organization or getting caught, he wanted his revenge on Percy. That's what his message was about. We had already stopped the Apocalypse, and WiCKeD and BlodgeHarm were crumbling, so he wanted revenge. 

However, Kronos and Krios belonged in jail for their crimes. 

"Okay, Wise Girl, we're getting closer, so stay alert," Percy said as his pace slowed. 

We were carefully stepped around every tree at this point because terrorists and soldiers could pop out at any moment. Plus, this forest was so thick; there were a lot of hiding places. 

"You're telling me, Seaweed Brain," I said slyly. 

Percy chuckled as he looked at my teasing smile. Honestly, despite the mission, we were having a good time. It was like a date, but we could die or get caught at any moment. 

You know, it was a typical day in our lives. 

"Don't get cocky, Wise Girl. I'm still technically you're superior," Percy said with a smirk. 

"Shut up. I know that I'm still a recruit, but I basically can do and did everything that a special agent is capable of," I said. 

"Yeah, you did, and you were amazing," Percy said genuinely. "Plus, you were super sexy as you did it," he added cheekily. 

I laughed as he leaned to the side and planted a soft kiss on my cheek. It wasn't the time for romance, but he was so sweet. I knew that he loves me. To be honest, I was pretty sure that Percy loves me more than I love him. 

And, that was an incredible feeling that every woman wishes for. 

After a few minutes of walking, our conversation died. We came upon a clearing in the forest where the coordinates ended. 

The clearing was about three-fourths of a football field. 

The terrorist leaders were already waiting for us. There were three vans and one truck stationed in the middle of the field. About 3 dozen soldiers were guarding the interior of the field, and their guns and blades were drawn. 

Percy and I paused on the outer edge of the woods and crouched behind some bushes. 

We both turned our earpieces on, and I gave a quick rundown of what we were seeing. Technically, there could've been more soldiers in the woods. 

Regardless, Lake Valor and the other government agencies did a good job at the camp. We dwindled their numbers down significantly. 

My eyes narrowed at Luke Castellan. I hated him now. 

He was standing next to Kronos and Krios, who were seated in some portable chairs. They all wore stern expressions as they calmly waited for Percy. 

Percy started to stand, but I grabbed his arm. 

"Wise Girl, what's wrong?" he asked in concern. My fingers tightened around his hand as I gave a comforting squeeze. 

"Be careful, Seaweed Brain. I'm right here if needed," I said firmly.