Chapter 25

Percy POV

In order to blend in with the terrorist soldiers, Annabeth and I had to help load the bombs into the cargo plane. 

It felt disgusting, but it was necessary to stay undercover. 

I watched as Annabeth hoisted another nuc box into her arms and walk towards the plane. Three of us were unloading the bombs from the truck while the other three soldiers were carrying the boxes into the plane. 

We were working quickly because the cargo plane was ready to go. 

It was only a matter of time till my team and the Greek police showed up here to stop the transport of the bombs. 

However, the bombs had to be transported to find WiCKeD's and BlodgeHarm's main rally point where the Apocalypse bombs were going to dispersed. We had to find Kronos and Krios to stop them from initiating the dispersal of all of the bombs. 

I hoisted another crate and handed it to a soldier on the ground. 

Annabeth started walking over. She was unrecognizable, but I could see her blonde hair. I took another box and handed it to her. 

Her hand lingered against mine as she paused. 

"Seaweed Brain, they're here," Annabeth whispered as her eyes narrowed to a scene behind me. I turned around to witness a bunch of police and agents driving onto the runway. 

The gunshots started immediately. 

A BlodgeHarm soldier next to me got shot in the head and fell out of the truck. I immediately ducked along the side of the truck. Annabeth was crouched behind the truck, but she quickly ran towards the plane. 

I had to get in the plane, which had its engines roaring. 

The whole atmosphere was too loud due to the plane's engine and the gunshots. 

I stood up to get a better visual before quickly ducking down. There were too many of them firing. The other terrorist soldiers were shooting back, but I wasn't. 

Suddenly, there was a loud creak. 

My head whipped around to see that the plane was starting to move. They were taking off, and the cargo hatch was starting to close as well. 

"Percy," Annabeth shouted from the inside. Dam. 

I ran towards the plane that was driving away. Another soldier was also running towards the plane, but he got shot down. 

"Wise Girl," I screamed as I dived forward. 

Annabeth picked up a thick, brown rope and tossed it from the plane. Her other arm was wrapped around a pole on the inside of the plane. 

My hand caught the end of the rope. However, the plane was going too fast now, and I lost my balance. I was being dragged by the fast-moving plane. 

Annabeth yelped out as she fell on the floor next to the cargo door. It was closing too quickly, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it. 

My abdomen and chest burned from the friction of being dragged against the ground. I screamed out in pain as my hands tightened around the rope. Annabeth was trying to hold on to me via the rope, but I could tell that her arms were being stretched. 

There was too much stress and strain for both of us. 

"Seaweed Brain," she shouted. "You can't make this." 

The cargo door was also almost closed. If it went down another three feet, the distance between me and Annabeth would be sealed. 

I shouted in pain at the brush burn against my chest. I couldn't do it.