Chapter 15

Percy POV

I stared at the majestic clouds through the small window. I hated flying but seeing the beauty of the sky made it slightly better. 

 Another tremor shook our private plane. 

The only thing ruining my 'trying to stay calm' attitude was the turbulence. 

I sucked in a breath as I tightly clutched the seat rails. The plane was small, and the team consisted of 10 people in total: 2 special agents, 6 recruits (including myself technically), and 2 security agents. 

Chiron deemed that this team was trustworthy. 

Hazel had to convince Chiron that I should go on the mission. It was difficult, but she used psychology to help. She told Chiron that Kronos would be more willing to face an opponent that he hated due to emotionalism. 

Of course, Hazel was right, and Chiron agreed as well. 

I felt energy rushing through my blood at the prospect of catching Kronos again. 

However, the plan wasn't foolproof. For example, if the details of this mission were leaked, then Kronos was probably already long gone from his current location. 

I sighed before another tremor vibrated the tin box we were flying in. 

Gods, I hated flying ever since a plane crash on one of my earlier missions. Let's just say that it was not fun. 

I silently focused on my breathing as I closed my eyes. 

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand over mine. My eyes opened to find Annabeth sitting next to me. She was looking at her computer screen, but her fingers softly rubbed the top of my hand. 

While I knew that I should pull away for the sake of my facade, I didn't want to. 

So, I just let her touch soothe me, and it felt amazing to have her again. 

I remembered how our eyes connected a few hours ago. Her eyes studied me while I just gazed at her. I loved her so much, and I wished that I didn't have to pretend otherwise. 

Annabeth seemed to be reading old case files for some unknown reason. Maybe, she was studying. 

After all, I called her Wise Girl for a reason. It's because she knew everything. Of course, intelligence took hard work that she was willing to do.  

"Percy," she acknowledged quietly. 

"Yeah, Annabeth?" I asked softly as I looked at her face. 

Her face turned as her gaze connected with mine. Her fierce gray eyes locked my face from being able to look away. My eyes were stuck on her eyes, lips, and face. 

"We need to talk seriously when we get back from this mission," Annabeth said firmly. 

"About what? We can talk here," I said quietly. 

My nerves were rising as I stared at her beautiful face. Her tone was serious. Her fingers stopped moving against the skin on my hand. 

"No, I know your secret. We can't talk about that here," Annabeth said seriously before turning her attention back to her screen. 

I simply stared at her in shock. 

Her eyes and voice conveyed that she knew. Of course, Annabeth would be able to figure me out so easily. However, a part of me was glad that she knew.  

I smiled softly as I answered her. 

"I'm glad that I don't need to hide from you anymore," I whispered firmly. "I'll tell you everything. I promise."