Chapter 24

Annabeth POV

"That is a lot of ammunition," Agent La Rue whispered harshly. 

Agent Clarisse, Jason, Beckendorf, and I were hunched behind on few bushes on the west side of the warehouse that we were scoping. 

This was Percy's last known location, and it was a terrorist hotspot. 

"Those have to be related to the bombs," Jason said. 

Everyone agreed with him. The WiCKeD and BlodgeHarm soldiers were loading boxes of nuclear bombs from the warehouse into large cargo trucks. 

I took the binoculars from Agent Clarisse to get a better picture of what was in front of us. The warehouse was in the middle of a large concrete field, bordered by a metal fence. 

We were outside of the fence on the edge of the woods. 

"If this is Percy's last known location, do we think that Percy was caught and brought here by the terrorists?" Beckendorf asked. 

"That's the most reasonable explanation," Clarisse said. 

I stared at my teammates. They brought up logical assumptions, but one point shied me away from the notion that Percy was caught. 

"I don't think Percy was caught," I said confidently. "If Percy was caught, they would've removed the locator chip a long time ago. Krios is too smart to let any locator chip run till the site of the bombs is revealed."

Jason nodded in agreement. Even Beck and Clarisse considered this. 

"So, what are you proposing, Annabeth?" Beckendorf asked. I scanned the warehouse, bombs, and soldiers again before answering. 

"I think that Percy is in that building, but he is hiding inside. I believe that Percy turned off the locator chip himself to signal us to find him here," I said firmly. 

"I agree with you, Annabeth," Chiron and Hazel's voices said into our earpieces. 

Chiron and Leo were back at the plane. Technically, they were meant for the field. Hazel and Thalia were certified for minor fieldwork. They were in a van deeper in the woods. 

They were going to be the command center. Leo and Thalia had already hacked into the surveillance system around this area. They had turned off the electricity coursing through the metal fence (so that we could cross). 

Silena, Piper, and Frank were on the other side of the field, probably doing exactly what we were doing and listening to our conversation. 

"Well, the purpose of the mission has now shifted. We will still retrieve Percy, of course, but we also have to stop the transport of those bombs," Chiron said firmly. 

Everyone heard and agreed with him. 

If Percy wasn't captured, then he should be temporarily okay. Hopefully, we'd run into him inside of the warehouse. 

"All right, step 1: get into the warehouse. The cargo trucks are almost full, so they'll leave. Leo and I will follow them electronically. The soldiers at the warehouse will relax in that time, which is the ideal time for you all to sneak in," Thalia said. 

It was a pretty good plan, but a diversion was also necessary just in case. 

"As a diversion, maybe someone from the other side can cause an electrical discharge. The generator is in the northeast corner," I said. 

"Already on it, Annabeth," Piper said. I could hear the smile in her voice. 

My small team nodded in silence as we prepared ourselves to climb the fence and quietly sprint into the warehouse.