BTL24

Zaya POV

Candles check, flowers check, food check, now all I need is my man. Where is he, anyway? I thought while doing my last-minute touch-ups for our romantic night. I soon put on my black sheer robe with lingerie to match. I hear the car pull up. I peek through the blinds to see my sweet angel. I went to hide behind the door just in time as the door unlocked.

"Zaya... um... Z?!"

"You lookin for me?" I closed the door behind him. He looked shocked. "You good you seem out of it?" I asked, feeling like something's off.

"I'm fine baby."

"Don't lie to me"

"I'm fine baby, see!" He kisses me on the lips thinking that would throw me off, but I know better. Okay, Mr. Blu, I'll play your game but you not gonna like the outcome.

"Good! We have a long night ahead of us."

"What's all this?"

"Can I do something nice for my man?" He said nothing, yeah something off and he's about to piss me off. "Come on, I made bolognese."

"Sounds good." He says in a fake happy tone. As he took his seat I fixed his plate. Once that was done. I went upstairs to change my clothing. I don't know what happened from the house to the meeting and back but I'm over it. Once I got back downstairs I blew out the candles. He immediately took notice. "Excuse me, what happened to the sexy outfit and why are you blowing out the candles?" I didn't answer him. I fixed my plate then walked into the living room and put on Hannibal. "So you're mad at me now?"

"Nope, I'm just treating you, like you're treating me."

"And how is that?" I just looked at him for a moment. Then I looked back at the T.V. He sighed before sitting next to me. "Can I ask you something? And please be honest."

"Ask away."

"Are you working with Monroe?" Now I know this moron didn't just ask me... as a matter of fact, if I did he just put me on alert. I can't do anything but look at him. "So your silence is telling me yes."

"I'm not silent because it's true, I'm silent because I am trying to figure out. Why would I do that knowing my opponent is not wrapped too tight? Not to mention you're my boyfriend and who in their right mind would tell you that?" I watch as he breathes a sigh of relief.

"Baby, I'm sorry."

"No, no if this is going to be a recurring theme in our relationship. Then we just need to call it quits. I'll go my way and you go yours.

"Baby no everything seems too good to be true."

"You mean you actually have a healthy relationship and you want to mess it up because you're scared?"

"I'm not scared of us,"

"What is it then, Michael?"

"I don't want to lose you, because of false hope, a facade, I'm in love, I want us to work, I want to get married, I want kids and I want to be out of this lifestyle. If I had it my way, I would be doing something that involves music."

"I tell you what, the next time this conversation or anything similar to this happens again, I'm done. I want the same thing as you so you can let your fears go. I'm with you to the end. No matter what, even if it looks like I'm not on your side, I'm on your side. And I love you too.

"I'm sorry."

"Uhmm... okay I'm serious make that yo last time doing that."

"Yes mama."