BTL9

Michael POV

"Nothing... I think you're cute when you're mad." I replay Zaya's voice in my head. My face was no longer red with rage, but now a boyish grin way in its place. I wouldn't dare turn around to face them, especially the twins if they saw my rosy cheeks they would make sure I'll never outlive it. I reflected while swaying in the burgundy leather chair, looking at the ceiling. I hate leather and I hate this man who was in front of me.

"Mr. Blu, just one last time please will you help? And I won't ask you to bail me out anymore." Lector said frantically,  Lucas Lector is an unconventional man who thinks all he needs to do is run a few errands for you, then that will be that. I put my head back down and cleared my throat, and just looked at him unmoved.

"Look, I wasn't listening to you, I don't care, and last, what you and other people got going on is your cross to bear, not mine. I said calmly, straightening out my black pin strike suit jacket. I got up to escort myself out when this sleazeball jumped out of his seat and pointed his stubby finger with a warning expression. I wasn't moved by such asinine behavior, I only laughed, moving my suit jacket, showing my semi-automatic pistol. To the old geezer and proceeded to make my way to the door.

"Oh, come on, don't be such an old man about it. Help a deadbeat like myself your father made you promise." I stop dead in my tracks contemplating on whether I should say something about his life or death situation.

"My father is dead. Show some respect, as a matter of fact, go get some dignity." He must think I'm stupid or something, I know what those words mean. I sighed and gave him one last shitty look before leaving. His days were numbered, and I was glad and as much as I would love to off his ass I'll rather have someone who has a bigger axe to grind with him do it. Before leaving his office entirely. I had to have a little chat with Mr. Greg.

"Is everything to your liking, Mr. Blu." He came around from his desk wiping the Cheeto puff sauce on his shirt and stuck his hand out for me to shake it. I responded by grabbing his wrist and slamming his head on his desk.

"The next time I tell you to leave the lady alone and you see fit to do or say otherwise. You will deal with me personally. Got it! I growled letting him up off the desk, I walked to the door and took one last look. I always loathe this place.

3 Days Later

We were packing and ready to head back home. I was so occupied making sure everything was packed that I almost forgot about Zaya, who was watching the sunset. I wanted to join her, but I don't want her to think I'm a pushover. We are not friends; I remember her saying that and she is right, she's just a pon. I licked my lips as she lightly swayed her ass from side to side in that yellow sundress I bought for her. She beautifully completed the masterpiece that is in front of me. If only she knew how much I hated her for that stunt she tried to pull. Just then our eyes met, but not for long because I abruptly turned away and left the room, although before I left. I scoffed and flipped her the bird.

Zaya POV

"Douchebag," I muttered, turning back to look at God's work, and silently thanked him for keeping me safe thus far. I looked down at the people below living their free life while I'm here held captive in a room filled with beauty and elegance. I then walked away looking around to see if I could find something to do other than sit in the room, watch T.V. or look out on the balcony. Besides, I rarely get a chance to be in other places of what I call the palace.

Flashback

"What do you want to do today?" Blu asked without looking at me, I wanna go home the fuck kind of question is that? I sat in silence, pondering whether he was joking. "I'm trying to be nice and let you get out here from time to time.