BTL16

Zaya POV

"Alright, hold that pose I told my last client in 3...2...*click*" The camera goes off. I smiled to myself. I looked to see if anyone's eyes were closed. Then I packed up because my shift was over.

"Zaya..." My boss L short for Leslie calls me over.

"Yes!"

"I just wanted to say what great progress you made in such a short amount of time. I'm impressed" she professes as we walked to the back to put up the equipment.

"Thank you" I smiled leaving the building in a bit of a hurry trying to get home. To get dressed up for the club tonight, I had no idea what to wear tho.

For the past few years, I have been job-hopping thanks to Monroe and Michael. After when Monroe men came and rescued me. I thought the worst was over, but I was in for a rude awakening. Once I was back at the station they grilled me for hours with miscellaneous evidence, accusing me of cooperating with him and, even saying that I was his lover. They called me every name in the book and Monroe did nothing to stop them. He knows I would never betray him or my fellow officers. But that's neither here nor there now I was fired and Monroe made sure I could never work for any police station ever again. Treated me as if I was nothing to him and told me that it was my fault; that I shouldn't withhold information, that I will pay for switching sides and he'll make an example out of me. No matter how I tried to tell him that I knew nothing he wouldn't listen, he just told me to turn in my gun and badge and I quote "Get the fuck out of his face." Then there was Michael, well there not much to say but if I had not met him my life wouldn't be in shambles. I regret everything. The only person I could be mad at was myself. I was warned to not take on this case but no, I had something to prove. Which was nothing, now I lost it all that includes my mother house too. When I got back home I was met with a sold sign in the yard, turns out my dear loving sister sold the house and moved to an undisclosed location, and kept all the money for herself. So now I'm now living with Iris in a three-bedroom apartment, the third bedroom was Rays but we haven't seen him going on two-years now. He and Iris got into one of their arguments and he hasn't been seen since. Oh, yeah my ex-sister sold my car too and I had to catch the bus for a while. It took me a minute to get a car but I had bought myself a cash car. Her name is Esther. She is a two-thousand-seven red mini cooper she has a few years on her but she is still some good. Nevertheless, I love my new job and the people so far I thought briefly, the only problem I have is the pay.

BEEEEEEEEEEEP!!! The car hocked and I flipped whoever it was off. I had right away the light was red so what was the purpose? The person got out of the car. Uh oh, I said internally but outside appearance said I'm with the shits.

"Who the fuck you flipping off?" A tall man got out of his car and started walking towards me, but I didn't move a muscle.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the dickhead that's standing in front of me." I shot back then proceeded to walk to my car leaving the man where he stood. I got into my car, put Erykah on and headed home.

Ooh, hey

I'm trying to decide

Which way to go

I think I made a wrong turn back there somewhere

Ooh, hey

I'm trying to decide

Which way to go

I think I made a wrong turn back there somewhere

Didn't cha' know, didn't cha' know

Tried to move, but I lost my way

Didn't cha' know, didn't cha' know

Stopped to watch my emotions sway

Didn't cha' know,

Knew the toll, but I would not pay

Didn't cha' know, didn't cha' know

That you never know where the cards may lay

"Iris, where you at girl?" I called out to my bestie but didn't get an answer, I made a face and quietly put my things down to go look for her. Just then I came across a note.

Hey, Sissy Pooh, I'm out looking for something a little sexy for tonight. See you in a bit smooches.

Ivy

I crumbled up the note and threw it in the trash and walked to my room to pull out a black silk dress showing off my badass figure of mine. I'm thrilled about tonight. It's been a minute since I've been out two months to be exact. Now that I'm thinking about it I need a massage too... I need to make note of that. I placed the dress on the bed and walked to the door because I doordashed some brooklyn calzones home the way home because it was too far of a drive so why not have it come to me. I got my food and tipped Anna, she was a nice lady. She kind of reminds me of myself.

"Domino!" Iris said walking through the door, I haven't heard that name in years. I thought laughing to myself then took another bite of my food.

"Can't you stop feeding yo face we need to go!" She said taking out her outfit for the night a red two piece long thigh high skirt with a strapless top. It's cute! I thought, nodded my head and wiped my mouth.

"I like it! But wait until you see mine" I said wiggling my brows.

"You always tryin to outdo me" She smacks her teeth as I looked her up and down.

"Really, me compete with you..." I laughed looking at her as she flips me off at head to the back with me following right behind her laughing.

" I laughed looking at her as she flips me off at head to the back with me following right behind her laughing

"Okay I see someone is looking for a hookup." I made a face as she holds up the dress then I rolled my eyes taking my dress from her.

"Hurry up and get dressed I want to get in before we have to pay." She said pushing me in the bathroom.

"You the one that neeeds a jump start not me."

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever."

Ava's notes
I know y'all are probably frustrated but it will all make sense after while. Good things come to those who wait. Goodnight 😘