Shelter

Sitting on the table, Hajita waited patiently for her mom to prepare dinner. Her daddy Minato sat across from her reading some important papers. As usual, he did the last bit of paperwork shortly before dinner. Hajita noticed his furrowed brows and asked herself why he looked so concerned. Normally her dad was a light-hearted and playful man. Yet recently he looked worried more and more often. Hajita shrugged it off. Although she knew that her father was the fourth Hokage and thus a very important man, she had no idea what this really meant. So, she decided to go for her favourite topic again: "Mom, when will the baby be here? I really can't wait any longer!"

Ever since she could remember, Hajita had begged her parents for a little brother or sister. And now that her mom really had a baby in her belly, Hajita simply couldn't help herself. She just was so excited, that she was constantly asking her mother when the baby would be born. She had waited for what felt like forever (in reality, she had waited for 3 years, but when you are only 6 years old, you have spent half your life waiting) to get someone to play with and was done waiting. Little did she know of the upcoming war that would turn her life upside down and that it would take another 12 years for her to finally meet Naruto.

Her mother chuckled. Even though she had heard this question for what felt like the 512th time now, she never lost patience with her daughter. She kindly smiled at her and said "He will be here in a few weeks, Hajita. Now tell me how your practice with princess Tsunade went today." Kushina knew her daughter well. The only topic that was almost as important to Hajita as the baby was her training. Even at such a young age, Hajita knew what she wanted: to be a medic ninja, just like her role model princess Tsunade. Always focused on this goal, she was an intelligent and hard-working student. Successfully distracted, Hajita happily complied to her mother's request and started to recount her afternoon session with her sensei. "I am able to make TWENTY shadow clones now, mommy! And sensei Tsunade taught me a new technique today – substitution jutsu! I even managed to get it right the first time. Lady Tsunade was really proud."

She was so lost in her story that she didn't even notice her Dad's facial expression change from his worried look to a big proud smile. He laid down his paperwork and looked from his daughter to his wife. "You know, I think it's time for Hajita to meet my Team. What do you think, Kushina?"

Her mother nodded happily. "I can imagine her being quite a challenge for them."

Minato broke into a huge grin. Hajita knew that face. Her dad had hatched a plot and she would play the main part in his plan. "Even though they are a few years older than you and are already training to become Junins, I have the feeling that you are on an equal level right now. And more importantly, you are clever, you are fast, and you are my daughter! Tomorrow you shall be their opponent! I'm thinking about a little game of playing tag. How would you like that, Hajita?"

Since she had always been competitive, Hajita took every chance she got to challenge herself. Besides, she had always wanted to get to know his students. She smiled at her dad and nodded eagerly. "Oh yes, thank you Daddy! That sounds like fun!"

They started to scheme their plan and work out in detail which strategies and techniques Hajita should use. It wasn't until Kushina put the food on the table that they stopped talking about the training. As she went to bed this evening, Hajita felt excited but was also quite nervous. On the one hand, it was really important to her to make her father proud. On the other hand, she always was shy in front of new people and didn't quite know how to act because she was scared of not being liked. She simply hoped her father's team would be nice to her. With all these thoughts going on in her head, Hajita feared that she would never be able to sleep. So, she started to recount the tips and tricks her dad had told her over and over again in her head. It wasn't until the sixth round of reps that she finally drifted off to a restless sleep.