𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒; Akaashi Keiji

Slight angst I guess.
Enjoy :)
━━━━━━━━━━━━

His eyes were blue. They were pretty. Blue like the ocean in the evening as the moon reflected upon it. Prettier than the art which Is to be framed in a gallery. His eyes would twinkle every time he would look at you, maybe they still did you didn’t know. You missed seeing the crescents in his eyes when he would give you a shy smile. The way they would brighten up when you told him about your day. Or the way they focused on the ball during a match. Maybe they still did all these things but you just couldn’t see.

A condition had caused your sight to slowly chip away until you could no longer see, a surgery was available but the results were not always successful. The last few months things had become blurrier and you knew soon you wouldn’t be able to see at all, so you admired all the beautiful things you would miss, many of which would be moments with your boyfriend. Akaashi did not care, he didn’t care if you could not see and it would result in you needing his assistance. Infact he had wanted to help you as much as possible, leaving class to escort you to where you were needed so you would arrive safely. His feelings for you stayed the same as well as his actions reassuring you and you couldn’t be luckier.

He had known this would come from the time you had met and his crush had developed. Due to your condition you had bumped into him, cursing yourself out for making him drop his books. He had told you it was okay but you continuously apologised explaining how your vision would sometimes go hazy. You still felt bad and treated him to snack from the vending machine and Akaashi had fallen for your cute personality. He had asked you out and you once again reminded him of your condition not wanting to be a burden but he had told you that was not your case and how his feelings for you were genuine.

You were currently sitting on one of the far benches waiting for Akaashi to finish practice since he insisted in dropping you home every day. The sounds of shoes squeaking against the ground probably as someone jumped and spiked the ball you guessed hearing the sound of the ball hit against the floor. “Nice Kill, Bokuto!” someone cheered so you clapped your hands for your boyfriends teammate who also took great care of you. When the game ended your boyfriend and Bokuto sat beside you drinking water as Bokuto told you about the practice match like a commentator, so you knew what had happened. You laughed as you heard your boyfriend tell Bokuto to calm down as he genuinely hyped up Akaashi making him feel shy. You held out your hand to indicate to him to hold yours which he did, so you could stroke it in a comforting manner. 

A few months later you sat on the hospital bed nervous ready for your surgery. “I wish I could see your eyes.” You whispered holding onto Akaashi’s hand. “Soon baby.” He reassured you making your worries of everything that could go wrong drown away. Despite him reassuring you, he was worried and you felt his tears drop on your hand. “Don’t cry.” You smiled reaching out the other hand to wipe his tears and stoke his cheek making him lean further against your touch as he nodded to what you said. Meanwhile your parents wondered how you had found such a sweet guy who was with you every step of the way.

━━━━━━

“Congratulations, it’s a girl.” The midwife informed you handing you the baby. Akaashi kissed your forehead continuing to wipe the sweat which had trickled down your forehead out of pain and exhaustion. “She’s gorgeous.” Akaashi informed you so you let out a small smile still tired. “Really? What does she look like?” you asked wanting to know what your baby girl looked like not being able to do so yourself. “Well she looks like a mini you with my eyes.” Akaashi spoke wondering what else to say about the new blessing in his life.

“That’s a good thing huh?” you joked about your blindness making Akaashi frown but let out a small chuckle when you complained about him not laughing.  The baby in your hands began to whimper so you rocked her close cooing to calm her down which she did. As you slowly bent down to give your long-awaited child a kiss you heard Akaashi let out an aww. “She smiled baby.” He told you so that you wouldn’t miss the moments. Before you could ask, he told you how her smile also resembled yours and how he couldn’t be more thankful. You gave him a wide grin facing you head up towards him for him to give you a peck on the cheek, one hand slowly letting go of the baby to hold his face just to remember what it looked like as the other held your baby girl close to your chest.