𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓; Oikawa Tooru

You stood at the stands a turquoise coloured scrunchie tying your hair up as you screamed to your hearts content cheering for your school as well as the captain who happened to be your boyfriend. You clasped your hands seeing as though your team happened to be at match point for the first set patiently waiting for the results to be shown.  You jumped in joy as your boyfriend served the ball the libero of the opposing team failing to receive It sending it off the court. You shook your friend until she felt dizzy not able to contain your happiness. You waved to Oikawa as he walked past sending him a thumbs up and a wide grin as he smiled, happily waving back eagerly as you.

The second set had passed and the opposing team had won meaning this last set determined who would go to finals and face Shiratorizawa your boyfriends long time rival. You silently prayed for your team to win knowing how much it would mean to your boyfriend. Oikawa had not only being preparing for college but every chance he got he practiced serves and sets determined to make it to nationals during his final year. You being the supportive girlfriend you were sacrificed your usual dates to help him practice by simply tossing him a ball for hours. Knowing Oikawa when focussed he forgot about everything else so you took it as your job making sure he ate properly, by either getting him snacks during his lunch practice or sending him a text at night to make sure he had dinner.

Oikawa was grateful to have dated you seeing as though you were supportive and understood his passion. During his first year he had dated someone from his class, she had been sweet and friendly but ended breaking Oikawa’s heart saying he was too passionate about volleyball. You had reminded oikawa who was and still was your best friend that it wasn’t meant to be as she didn’t support him. Later that year he had developed a crush on you Iwazumi pushing him to ask you out already knowing about your crush on him which you had stayed quiet about seeing as though he had a girlfriend.

“Go tooru!” You cheered hoping your boyfriend could hear you from amongst the crowd many of which happened to be his fangirls screeching to their hearts content making you cringe a little. Oikawa heard your cheer and turned to face you smirking in your direction before serving, the ball successfully hitting the floor on the side. The girls on the same stand as you turned to face you jealousy burning in their eyes giving you a judge glare despite knowing you were Oikawa’s long-term girlfriend.

The third set was intense each team catching up to the other before they could get to a match point. Karasuno was finally at match point and you couldn’t help but worry, the small orange haired boy whose smile reminded you of the sun had managed to spike past your team multiple times. His skills as he jumped and moved around his side of the court astonished you as well as Kageyama your underclassman who had adored your boyfriend and still did. You could tell the raven haired boy was determined to defeat the person who he looked up to setting similar to Oikawa in some ways.

The ball tossed onto the opposing team and Kageyama was quick to set the ball perfectly to Hinata. Hinata jumped at a speed which you were ready to call inhuman spiking it across the other half of the court. You saw Oikawa run after the ball with desperation as the ball flew past. You saw him harshly land on his injure knee missing to receive the ball making you grab the frame in front of you in panic. Oikawa got up ignoring the pain in his leg the defeat being harder to cope with.  You didn’t bother watching the two teams congratulate one another as you left out the door hoping to meet Oikawa before he got onto the school bus.

“Tooru.” You gasped seeing him walk with the support of Iwazumi as he let out tears he had been holding in not wanting to show his former underclassman his pain. You ran beside him helping him on the other side. The three of you stood outside the bus as you told oikawa to come over in the evening knowing it was best if he spent time with the team at the moment. “No matter what you both did great.” You reassure them not wanting them to blame themselves for losing. Iwazumi gave you a small smile as you waved goodbye.

As you made your way back to the arena to find your friend who had accompanied you here you bumped into Karasuno. The raven haired boy who was now taller than you stopped seeing you wondering if he should greet you or not seeing as though he had defeated your boyfriend. “Tobio-chan!” you smiled widely having nothing against him making him wave back shyly telling the others he would join them soon. The orange head murmuring about Kageyama knowing people other than his former teammates as he gave you a wide grin walking past which you returned.

“You did great Tobio. You have improved a lot you reminded me of Tooru during his first year.” You smiled making the latter nod a little flustered at the comment which meant so much to him. “I’m sure Tooru noticed too he just wasn’t able to say you know what he’s like.” You rambled on chuckling a little when Kageyama told you he understood what you meant.

That evening you lay on your couch Oikawa resting his head in your lap as you made sure he rested his leg. When he had come over with the help of Iwazumi you fussed over him to be more careful forcing him to sit down as you raised his leg with a cushion and placed an icepack on it. Oikawa watched the replay of the match on one of the channels mentally beating himself up for the small mistakes he made. “Stop beating your self up Tooru.” You scolded playing with his brown locks which were softer than feathers. Oikawa pouted his lips complaining how you knew him too well making him laugh.

“You did well, and I’m sure many sport representatives took account of your talent your going to get places I’m telling you.” You told him earnestly one of your hands cupping his cheek making him turn to face you. His cheeks flushed a little red making you tease him for being so cute as you bent down to kiss his lips.

Bonus━━━━━━

You had manged to persuade Oikawa to come with you and watch the finals telling him you knew how much he wanted to go. “Just go shittykawa stop throwing a tantrum.” Iwazumi yelled from across the court hitting a ball to the back of your boyfriends head making you snicker. Oikawa whined saying how you both were bullies before agreeing to come with the two of you.

The match was much more serious than you thought and you could tell the audience were surprised at how far Karasuno had got. As you had entered you had heard numerous people speak on how Shiratorizawa would probably win. You asked Oikawa who he supported only for him to say he didn’t care before dragging you to sit on the side where most Karasuno supporters had sat making you shake your head at his ways.

You held his hand which he clasped tightly analysing the different skills of the players. Seeing his face you knew how badly he wanted to be in the match making you let out a sad smile. He noticed your gaze making him furrow his eyebrows in confusion making you shake your head paying attention to the match as you leaned your head against his shoulder.

Towards the end of the match as the tension rose Oikawa was on the edge of his seat wanting Karasuno to win as much as he denied it. His grip on your hand tightened as he bought both your hands closer to his mouth the back of his thumb rubbing against his lip in anticipation. When Karasuno won surprising a lot of the audience Oikawa let out the breath he head unknowingly held in making you chuckle. “So you glad your underclassman won huh.” You teased nudging him with your shoulder.

As the two of you parted ways with Iwazumi who thought it would be nice for the two of you to go on a date seeing as though it had been a while you bumped into Karasuno. The libero you guessed seeing him wear a different shirt as well a taller dude who looked slightly bald stood in front asking Oikawa if he had come to fight. Paying them no attention you let go of your boyfriends arm going closer to Kageyama who was busy conversing with the orange head who learnt was called Hinata.

“Congratulations Tobio-chan.” You cheered not hesitating to hug the younger who panicked at the sudden affection. He murmured a small Thankyou rubbing the back of his neck shyly only  to stop seeing Oikawa was now stood behind you. “Yea what she said. I mean I was your upperclassman so.” He trailed off tugging on your arms saying the two of you should leave.  “You really are something.” You shook your head laughing turning around to wave at Kageyama who tried to process if Oikawa had complimented him or not.