𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆; Kuroo Tetsuro

Just like most third-year students you were in preparation for your final exams. Wanting to be a physio therapist it was up to you to pass the maths exams whether you felt like you could or not. Right now it felt like the latter. Your maths teacher was someone you could tell hated children and became a teacher for the number of holidays you could get within a year. There had been numerous times where your class had complained on not understanding what she had taught but she pushed it off saying she had done everything she could to help and it was left to you as students.

Here you sat in the local café maths textbooks sprawled out which you had borrowed from the library hoping one of them would help. The library had been crammed with students some of which staying there as an excuse not to go home and annoy the librarian to her limit and not wanting to feel stressed out by other students around you decided to revise at the café close to your home. You pulled at your locks as one of the books you had borrowed just made you more confused than when you had began and you were beginning to admit defeat. You closed the book harshly giving it a nasty glare for being a waste of dead tree before moving onto the next textbook.

“Is it okay if I sit here, there seems to be no other tables free.” A boy rather tall who wore the uniform of one of your rivalry schools asked pointing to the chair opposite you. You nodded, moving around your papers and books so there was space for him to study as well. When the boy opposite you sat down, pulling out his glasses as he skimmed through the books which looked like biology your favourite subject you took quick peeks at him to see if you could remember why he had looked so familiar.

He wore a Nekoma jersey, his black hair standing up like he had just rolled out of bed. He had a defined face and brown eyes and you could tell from the way his jacket clung to his arms he was built well. It took you a while to realise he happened to be the captain of the volleyball team which had caused your school to admit defeat, stopping the third years from getting a chance at nationals. You had gone to the game as one of your friends dragged you along to support her brother who happened to be in the first year.

You shook your head mentally telling yourself off for getting distracted so easily. With low determination and a frown on your lips you looked down at the page trying to make sense of all the numbers and terms on your page. For a moment you had a lightbulb moment remembering your useless maths teacher blab on about cancelling first and for once with confidence you felt like you could tackle the question on your paper.

All hopes had come crashing down when you checked your answers only to find out you had been doing wrong. You let out a groan smashing your head onto the small pile of hardcovered textbooks mumbling a small ow in the process. A chuckle brought you out of your despair as you looked up to see the volleyball captain looking down at you finding your state quite amusing. You sat up straight brushing your hair like your hadn’t just had a mental breakdown in front of the stranger which you had forgotten was there. 

This caused him to laugh more as he pushed his glass up his nose further since they had been slipping down. “It’s not funny, I’m going to fail!” You whined rambling on about how it wasn’t easy having a useless teacher who hated her job. “I’m sorry you just looked rather cute that’s all.” He teased acting like what he said was rather normal and you found yourself letting out a nervous laugh. “I’ll help you,  I’m very smart you know.” He fixed his glasses rather fakely posing like nerd he was but didn’t look like.

“Omg you made maths make sense. Thankyou, Thankyou!” you cheered rather surprised jumping out of your seat in the process not being able to contain the happiness. It had taken Kuroo over an hour or so to make you understand the basics and you finally did telling the black-haired captain you would be forever thankful to him. You had wanted to treat him to a drink or snack to show your gratitude, but he had to leave urgently if he wanted to get the last bus home.

━━━━━━

“Hinata I can’t believe your dragging me out for this.” Kuroo sighed fixing his tie frustratedly, he still had alot to do. “I’m sorry I’m just nervous.” The latter fidgeted in his seat making the elder sigh and tell him everything would be fine. Hinata had injured his knee and for the past few months he was unable to play going through physio to improve his condition, today he was to be informed if he would be able to play for the next season or not.

Kuroo got up from his seat making the orange haired man panic asking where he was going. “I’m going to the bathroom, relax.” He laughed walking away leaving the younger to overthink scenarios which wouldn’t happen. Hinata was called by his usual physiotherapist who happened to be you, achieving your dreams and working for a hospital in the central of Tokyo.

“Your all good to play now.” You smiled as you removed the band from Hinata’s knee making the late sigh in relief. He jumped off the bed giving his knee a stretch as Kuroo happened to walk in. “Kuroo-san I can play.” He cheered showing the elder his knee which no longer had a brace making you let out a chuckle on the youngers cuteness. You looked up to the elder who had the familiar bedhead styled hair and you let out a small ‘oh’ as you pointed at him making him look in your direction.

“I’m guessing you passed your exam then.” He joked making you laugh as you nodded fixing your doctors coat slightly nervous which you had no idea why. Maybe because you had gone to the café in hopes of meeting him unaware if you had a small crush or it was just simply gratitude. “I still owe you a thankyou.” You spoke confidently has you scribbled down your number on a sticky note and handed it to him who took from you with a small wink saying he would be sure to call you; meanwhile Hinata looked between the two rather confused.