𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒; Ushijima Wakatoshi

“Ushi the foods ready.” You called out to your boyfriend monotonously. You mentally scolded yourself for using his nickname when you wanted to show him you were still mad. Ushijima on the other hand could tell by your tone of voice, thanked you for the food and continued to eat in silence. Despite your boyfriends stoic personality, the two of you would manage to engage in conversations during dinner seeing as though it was the only time the two of you could eat together due to work. You finished your meal taking your dishes to the sink and washed them. Ushijima had finished eating but knew better than to worsen your mood by making you clean his dishes so he waited for you to leave and did them himself remembering to put them away in their correct place as well.

You sat in your room pulling out the laptop to watch some show you had been watching. Usually you would sit beside Ushijima using the time you managed to get to together to wisely but seeing as though Ushijima had been struggling with a spike you knew he would not be giving you any energy. Normally you would be understanding of this knowing how important volleyball was to him but the two of you had dealt with a long day resulting in an argument.

You had returned home after a long shift, a customer had complaint to you and your manager over an issue which was neither yours or your mangers fault but she insisted you fix it. You got home feeling drained your bones feeling heavy and all you wanted to do was have a soak before preparing dinner. You greeted ushijima who sat on the couch fully focused on the dvd playing which consisted of him practicing during the day to see he could see what he was doing wrong. Ushijima had been struggling on a certain spike he had been trying to master and it was beginning to frustrate him. He barely went through a rough patch and when he did he felt as though a part of him was missing.

“Ushi I asked you to put the clothes in the wash.” You walked out the room seeing the pile of clothes you left him to put away still there. Ushijima was usually organised but due to the frustrations he had forgotten coming straight home to note down what to improve. Ushijima being far too focused on the screen did not hear you. “Ushi I’m talking to you!” you scoffed feeling more irritated. Ushijima hummed still not knowing why you were angry making you lose your patience by the second. You stood in front of the television arms crossed to get his attention. Ushijima grunted annoyed for being interrupted knowing well that you knew he hated that.

“I called you three times, why didn’t you put your clothes in the  wash like I asked.” Your voice was a little harsh feeling irritated that he couldn’t do the one thing you had asked him to do. Ushijima mumbled how he forgot, and he would do it later telling you to move to the side. “Ushi, you messed up the whole routine now I’ve got more on my plate I go to work too you know.” You complained you’re your voice softening since you were feeling tired. Ushijima knew well how you had set routines and how you liked to stick to them.

“Will you just move and stop nagging like your my wife!” Ushijima raised his voice as he put a hand through his hair. You merely scoffed making your way to your shared room slamming the door in the process. You began to cry from nothing more than anger and you hated that you cried when your limit had been met. You wiped your tears doing what your boyfriend had forgotten to do before having a nice soak like you had intended to do when you got home. You couldn’t help but have doubts that Ushijima didn’t want to take things further, always wanting to be the wife of someone you loved dearly and this case it was Ushijima.

Ushijima sat in the living room not being able to focus knowing that you were mad at him. He chose to overwork and failed to notice the tired expression on your face when you had complained to him. He didn’t blame you for being angry he guessed you had been through a stressful day and knew better than to push your buttons and comfort you but instead he had done the opposite.  He paused the dvd placing down the book and leaving to make it up to you.

You had been in bed already dressed in your pyjamas as you read a book ready to have an early night when you heard Ushijima knock on your bedroom door. “Come in.” you managed to maintain a monotone voice keeping your attention to your book. Ushijima walked in a bouquet of flowers and some of your favourite snacks as an apology. “I’m sorry, I should have done what you asked and not pushed you further when you already had a long day.” He apologised holding out what he bought in your direction as he stood at the foot of the bed.

You tried to keep a serious face but ended up showing your smile which you had tried to hide. You awed pushing the blanket making your way to the edge of your bed. “I’m sorry too you were stressed and I should have been more understanding.” You looked at him with guilt using one hand to stroke his cheek while the other took the bag of snacks off him. Ushijima shook his head saying it wasn’t your fault as he stroked your head. “I also didn’t mean the nagging wife bit I can’t wait for you to be my wife.” He mumbled a little not used to expressing himself that well but you had heard him clearly. You giggled wrapping your arms around his waist pulling yourself up and kissing his lips which he savoured not receiving any affection from you since you had gotten home. Ushijima didn’t usually like people touching him but a simple touch from you was enough to bring butterflies to his stomach and his heart beat like he had ran a marathon; just like when he had first fallen for you.

Ushijima realised you were his biggest stress reliver and decided to also have an early night joining you in bed. You had already fallen asleep your head on his chest your arms clinging to him while he held you close merely thinking, his thumb stroking your waist unconsciously. He closed his eyes ready to sleep when he manged to realise what mistake he had been making all along, whispering a small thankyou to your sleeping form before nodding off peacefully as well as he was no longer stressed.