Chapter 10: Tattoos and Friends

Pax leads me down to the middle of the pit where it's always the busiest. You can see people hanging out, chatting, or even fighting. They have a fight ring in the middle where people can have matches or just watch for entertainment. Trying to see everything that's going on around me I didn't notice the group that pax had pulled me to until he spoke.

"Hey guys sorry we're late Ari's tattoo took longer than expected. So what's the plan?" looking confused at pax. What plan? Then I see people just staring at me. I got uncomfortable so I stood straight, rigid, and crossing my arms I silently assessed everyone. Now look, everyone was awkwardly trying to avoid eye contact.

"Damn Pax I knew she trained with Eric, but i didn't realize she was going to be his replica." Some guy shouted from the group.

Pax turned to look at me, really confused, but as he saw me it was like something hit him and his eyes grew wide. Next thing I know he's bent at the knee red in the face laughing with a couple of his friends. Everyone around was watching and even a few more started laughing until almost the whole pit was looking this way and it didn't help that they yelled their responses so every one heard.

"That was a good one man." Pax started to sober up along with everyone else.

"So the plans set?"

"Yep see you there tonight." Pax told them, still leaving me confused.

"See you tonight. Make sure you bring mini Eric and we'll see if she lightens up with a couple of drinks like our dear leader." The guy hollers to Pax. I throw a scowl over my shoulder.

"I am nothing like that devil." I Scowled at Pax

"What's that?" He smirked amused. He continued to lead me to wherever we are going.

"Nothing." i muttered "Where are we even going?"

"We are going to the shop to get you a new outfit for tonight."

"Whats tonight?" I questioned. He looked at me confused.

"Weren't you listening? We're going to the underground." Now I looked at him confused.

"What's the Underground?"

"It's a big nightclub here in dauntless. Everyone goes there to party almost every night." He explained excitedly. "So let's hurry up and choose an outfit for you."He starts shoving dresses in my arms.

"I'm not going clubbing or partying or whatever you call it; Besides isn't it against the rules for initiates. We can't drink or be out after curfew."

"Oh come on live a little haven't you ever broke the rules before!" He eggs me on.

"It's not about breaking the rules it's about if Eric ever found out we would be dead. He hates me enough; I don't need to give him more reasons to make my life harder." I shot at him and his crazy idea. "Not to mention we have training tomorrow."

"Come on you're the girl who's not afraid to look him in the eye. You were the girl who challenged his authority just because you couldn't do your morning run. Are you really going to let him stop you from having a little fun?" he pressed me on the matter.

Looking at the clothes in my hands thinking. "Fine I will go with you, But if I get caught I'm blaming you." pointing my finger into his chest.

"Ok now that's settled go try these on." With all the clothes in hand he pushes me to a changing room.

In the changing room I finally see what clothes he chose for me. Appalled by the lack of coverage, how did he expect me to wear this. Amity was not prudish like Abnegation but these clothes look like they barely cover anything for a dress.