EIGHT

(Leah POV ♥︎)

SATURDAY
The weekend is finally here and I lay here in my bed, with no blaring alarm. Heaven.

I turn my head towards the window and see Jackson playing basketball in his driveway.

Time to get up! I jump out and throw on a cute wrap skirt. It's flowy and the perfect bubbly pink. I put on a tighter fitting black shirt and lastly put on some black sandals.

"I'm going to water the flowers mom!" I yell out as I rush towards the door.

I grab the water canister and fill it with water from the hose when a shadow covers the water.
Looking up it's Jackson. Crap I didn't rehearse.

"Hey." I hear his voice say behind me.

"hi."

Water seeps on my pinky toe and I look down to see the water canister flooded. Bending down quickly I turn the hose off and pour some of the excess water out.

"Here let me help you." He helps pick the canister.

"Thanks." I all but squeak out.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to hangout later on. Me and a bunch of my friends are going to Missy's Diner for lunch. I was hoping you could join us."

I looked between his eyes for a minute to see if he was actually real.

"I'll pay for you, I'd be like my payment for driving me." He smirked and winked at at me.

"Sure," I smile.

"Cool, I'll be at your door around twelve thirty-ish so we can get going." He smiles his oh-so-dreamy smile.

I let out a little squeal as he walks away and tend to the flowers.

~

When 12 rolls around I check my outfit twenty times. I stuck with the outfit I had on and accessorized it a little bit. I put a small gold heart locket on, and put on some small gold hoops on.

For makeup I went natural with some blush, mascara, and highlighter. I put on a shiny lip gloss and made sure my purse had everything I could ever need.

Ok. I'm all ready! I guess I could wait downstairs until he's here.

Leaving my room I make my way downstairs and see my parents on the couch.

"Wow, you look dressed up." My mom compliments.

"I'm going out with a friend."

"Oh. Well have fun." She smiles and then turns her head.

That's a bit odd. Usually she's surrounding me with questions about who I'm hanging with, or when I'll be back, but never a simple "have fun."

A knock is heard from the door and I pull my purse on me. Ok. I got this.

One foot infront of the other I open my door to see Jackson Ryan at my front door.

"Ready?" He asks and holds a hand out.

I smile and place mine in his gently and he pulls me towards his car slowly.

I get to keep my hand in his as he unlocks it so I can get in. He rounds the car to his side and gets in, and I enter the passenger seat.

"So who's all going to be there?" I ask as he puts his seat bell on.

"Well... Kai, Will, and Romeo obviously. And I'm sure they invited more people." He responds and pulls out of the driveway.