TWENTY

(Kai POV ♥︎)

SATURDAY
"Kai, bro." I felt a tap on my arm.

Getting back into reality I was confused. My mind wouldn't stop thinking about Leah. Why Leah? I don't fucking know, but I didn't like it that's for sure.

"Can you hurry up? damn." Romeo walked past me with two hands worth of 6-packs.

"Fine." I huffed and went inside.

Jackson and his little kickback was bothering me. I know Leah is coming since Jackson wouldn't shut up about it. I think he really likes her... or just wants to fuck her. Either one honestly.

"Why can't we just have a boys day?" Will complained.

~

We finally got the drinks out and laid out in the sun. I can't go in the water since my tattoo is still healing and I really don't want to risk an infection.

"Shit!" Romeo came up to me. "Who gave you that?" He asked sitting next to my chair.

"Um, Ron. He does it on the low and doesn't charge too much. I mean tattoos are expensive but his prices are pretty reasonable." I shrug.

"I might wanna check that out. I'm bored of my plain skin." He chuckled.

"Hey!" We heard a greeting.

And in walked Samantha. Goddamnit.

"Thanks for inviting me," She hugged Jackson. "So um...where's Kai?" She scanned the backyard.

Eventually she spotted me and ran past Jackson towards me.

"Hey, Kai." She stood in my shadow. "Oh! You got a tattoo with out telling me?" She shrieked and bent down to look at it.

"yup." I simply replied.

"You know, if you called me I could've held your hand to help ease the pain." She winked. I rolled my eyes at the thought and tried to ignore her.

I won't lie Samantha has a banging body. But it's just her clingy-ness that does it for me. She'll stick onto you like glue and won't ever let go. I can. Not. Deal with that. She for sure a stage five clinger. She also has the personality of a paper. She's so fake it makes me gag.

"Kai?" Her hand waved over my face. Snapping back to her fake persona.

"Do you want to go for a dip?" She takes off her bathing suit cover to show her tiny bathing suit.

"Can't." I look away.

"Come on, just dip your toes?" She tugs my arm.

If I don't do it she won't leave me alone all day. Getting up she went ahead and slowly getting in through the stairway down. I plop myself down on the pavement and let my feet dangle in the water.

Samantha must thing she belongs in baywatch or something because she makes her way towards me by going under water and coming up to my legs. She rests her hands on my legs as she levels herself.

Gosh I can't take this anymore. I move my leg slightly and she looses her balance, causing her to fall in the water.

Where is Leah?

~

(Leah POV ♥︎)

From my room I could see Jackson's pool. It slowly filled with people coming in.

Milo was in his room playing video games. I told him about today and if he needed anything I'd be next door. He just nodded his head clearly only interested in his game.

He is twelve so he can take care of himself pretty well. But just in case, I left my phone number by the house phone.

I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see Jessie at the door. She held a little tote bag with two towels and a lot of sunscreen.

"Hey!" I hugged her. "I'm stressed." I blurted.

"Why?" She furrowed her brows.

I closed the door behind her and she came in a leaned on it for support. "Um I don't know just thatimgoingtoJacksonRyanshouse."

"It's ok!" Jessie held my shoulders. "You know I'll be there with you! And you know Kai!" She smiled.

"Right." I breathed out.

"You ready?" She asked.

I had a big shirt over my bathing suit and Jessie did the same thing. She had some flip flops and so I slid on my Birkenstocks.

"Alright, let's go." I opened the door with confidence. I saw people come in through the backyard so we walked to the fence.

I knocked on it since there wasn't a lock on the outside and it swung open.

"Hey Leah." Will greeted with a smile.

He opened it wider and we entered. We saw an empty chair and took it and put our stuff down.
We took our bathing suit covers off and Sprayed some sunscreen. I burn so easily so I need a lot of this. Jessie gave me the bottle and I sprayed myself.

I felt something on my back and turned around startled. I smiled looking up into Jackson's eyes.

"Woah," I laughed. "You scared me!"

"You need help with your sunscreen?" He asked flirtatiously.

I looked at Jessie and laughed shaking my head. "No-no thanks Jackson." I giggled.

"We could go for a swim though." I looked up at him.

He took my hand and we walked towards the pool. It was big and clear. Looking at it, it came closer and I realized he pushed me in!

I shrieked and fell in. Thank you mom and dad for teaching me how to swim. I would've drowned if I didn't.

A splash came in after me and hands went to my waist. I stayed underwater till the hands brought me up to the surface. I held onto its shoulders and shook the hair out of my face.

"I can swim, thank you very much." I let go of his shoulders and looked at him.

"Just making sure." He held his arms in the air.

He swam towards me and I decided to get revenge, and pulled his head underwater.

He grabbed me from underneath and I took my chance. I practiced for this and maybe it was quick but it would only be a small one. I won't go all out, although I now know how to.

I pulled his face close and gave a small peck.

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW