TWENTY-EIGHT

(Leah POV ♥︎)

"Suave Leah." Kai pulled my face to look at him.

"eh-em." We heard a scoff.

Looking to our right we see the man holding out door open with a bored look.

"Rides over kids. Ten more tickets if you want to go again. If not- I have a whole line waiting."

My face heats up and I grab my purse and cut across Kai. "I'm so sorry sir- I didn't mean to hold up-"

"Just have a nice day lady." He holds the gate open to let us out.

I scurry out with an annoyed looking Kai. He gives a sneer to the man before shutting the gate harshly behind him. I take his arm and drag him to the giant parrot.

"Hey! You got it!" I drop Kai's hand and run to Jessie.

"Yup. Only took thirty tickets! That's almost my entire sheet." She frowns. She holds up her ticket sheet and 15 more tickets remain.

"Well, let's spend em!" I smile.

Jessie's small body wobbles as she walks due to the giant parrot. At this point you can only see her feet and the top of her hair. If you aren't paying attention, she really just looks like a giant walking parrot.

"Look the lights are turning on!" Jessie's voice is muffled by the parrot.

"The lights look so cool on those swings." I comment.

"Let's go!" Jessie wobbles towards it.

She goes in-front of us and I walk behind her slowly. I feel Kai place his hand on my lower back and goosebumps fill the space immediately.

We near the ticket booth where we hear Jessie fighting with the man.

"M'am there is no guarantee it won't get stolen."

"WELL. Can't I just take it with me? On the ride?" She juts her hand on her hip in a sassy manner.

"No guarantee it won't get blown away." His southern accent comes out from being frustrated.

"Fuck the guarantee. It's going with me." She slaps her tickets on the booth. She storms ahead in line and Kai and I pull out tickets out.

"She must really like that damn parrot." Kai leans down so his mouth practically touches my ear.

A weird sensation fills my body and I stop in motion at its effect.

"Come on they're closing the gate." Kai runs over to gate. He squeezes in and I manage to squeeze in too.

We take our seats behind Jessie and see her hugging the parrot. She's so cute when she really likes something.

"You wanna hug me like that?" Kai leans back against the medal backing.

The swings are really just giant metal chains with tiny chairs. I swear this whole carnival is on the edge of a lawsuit.

"In your dreams Kai." I lean away from him.

"That's not what you would've said five-"

I shut him up by pressing my hand against his mouth. He widens his eyes and looks down at it. He take it away from his mouth and positions it to kiss it. My core drops at the movement and my whole attention is centered around my stupid hand.

He lightly kissed it and for a second I wish I could replace it with my face. He then pulls my hand down and places it on my thigh.

His hand moves to move away when I lace my pinky through his. I hold it there and he take the notion to leave his hand in mine. I turn my hand around and hold it tightly as my heart races.