ELEVEN

(Leah POV ♥︎)

I got home a little later than expected and my parents still didn't say anything.

They didn't even greet me when I came home. They didn't save me dinner or anything. The house was completely dark so I assumed everyone was asleep. It only eight PM... but I guess they were really tired?

Kai gave me a whole lesson over sneaking out and gave me a list of things to do. He first told me to see if there was a window opening to the outside in my room. My room was the closest one to roof luckily.

In our backyard we grow many fruits and vegetables, so we have a tomato fence that goes all the way up to the roof. It's the starting of tomato season since winter is around the corner, so they aren't too big yet.

I could get on my roof and then climb down the tomato fence!

He told me to charge my phone and keep it on airplane mode if my mom had Life 360. Which thankfully she doesn't, since she's not that tech savvy.

Entering my room I lay in my bed and look at my alarm. It reads: 8:25.

Wow I have a lot of time left. I could take a nap... right?

I took preparations for the sneaking out by opening my window and moving the screen out the way. Perfect. Ok. Now I can take a nap.

I slipped into some comfy leggings and a random shirt from Colorado. I placed my shoes at the foot of my bed and slipped into it.
My eyes closed immediately and I fell into an abyss of sleep.

~

A honk woke me up and my eyes bursted open. 1:25 the clock read.

Crap. If he honks again my parents will definitely wake up and catch me. I slip my shoes on and grab my mini backpack. It contains my phone, house keys, wallet and lady stuff. In case of emergencies.

For extra measure I put pillows in the shape of my body and covered it with a pillow and blankets on top. Just how Kai taught me.

I left my window open before hand, so I climbed out and steadied myself with my the palm of my hands.

'please don't fall off the roof' I repeated to myself over and over.

I looked to the side to see Kai's car without the lights on. The black paint made me squint to make sure it was really there.

I could see his body slightly through the street lamp posts lighting the streets. His hand hovered over the middle steering wheel and I started to climb towards the tomato fence fast.

Starring at the tomato fence below I didn't quite think through the structure of the tomato french. It was thin. Gripping the rough roof I slid my foot down and meet the wire thin fence. My body moved slowly to inch more and more on the fence. I was doing good until I heard a snap.

I stood still like a deer entranced by headlights and waited. I waited to drop, to fall to my doom, to suddenly die, but nothing happened. Taking a deep breathe I continued my journey down the fence.

My eyes widened and I had to cover my mouth to not scream when the fence pierced my skin. I lift my leg to get it out and squeezed my eyes at the pain. My hands shakily brought me down the fence and my feet landed on the concrete safely.

I limp towards the gate and down my driveway with tears threatening to spill. Faster Leah. You're going to get caught for limping like an idiot!

Kai swings the passenger seat open and I hop inside. He vrooms off and were out! I successfully snuck out of my house!!

"I did it!" I shakily said. My lip quivered so I wouldn't cry at the pain.

Kai smiled at me and then did a double take. "What's wrong with you?"

"um... I hurt myself in the process." I winced.

"Here let me pull over." He stopped at a seven-eleven.

He parked his car smoothly. Turning on the light above, he moved my leg towards him.

"If you're going to continue hurting yourself  while sneaking out, you're going to have make up a bunch of excuses."

I laughed softly and looked at my leg.

It had blood running down it and it was hard to tell where the blood was coming from.

Kai lifted up his center console and grabbed a napkin. He dabbed the area softly and found the source. A tiny cut. Geez I'm a baby.

"Oh! I have a Bandaid." I grabbed my backpack. Opening the little pouch with girl necessities I found a small Star Wars themed Bandaid.

I placed it on the cut and brought my leg back to me.

"Let's get a slurpy." I opened the door and got out.

He looked at me confused for a second but then got out of his car and followed me inside. I tried straightening out my limp, but the smallest cuts hurt the worse.

"Here let me help you." Kai's hand went around my waist. He held me at his side and basically walked for me.

I hobbled along with Kai as we made our way to the slurpy section.

"Dr.Pepper!" I raced towards the cup.

Filling it to the brim I licked it a tiny bit so It wouldn't over flow.

"That's just nasty." Kai bashed me.

"Huh?" I looked up at him.

"Come on Leah! There's germs."

I didn't know big bad Kai Dalton was a germaphobe. Now I've found his weak spot.

"Hm, scared of germs?" I stuck my tongue out at him. He jerked away scared of me and I laughed.

He got a blue raspberry slurpy and then helped me towards the candy section.

"Let's get Sour Patch Kids, oh! A Hershey bar, and some gummy bears." I pointed them out.

"Who do you think is paying?" He shook me at his side.

"You of course." I drank my slurpy and looked up at him with puppy eyes.

He grabbed my three amazing recommendations and lead us to the checkout line.

Taking my card out he pushed it away and said "I guess I'll help the cripple girl out today. Charity work y'know?"

"Ha. Ha. You're really funny!" I fake laughed.

We checked out and left with our goodies in hand.

"I can walk now." I let go of him.

Walking to the car I leaned against the car with a triumphal smile. He smiled and looked away and unlocked the car.

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW