FOURTEEN

(Leah POV ♥︎)

"Please come Leah." He begged. "It'll be at my pool and if you feel uncomfortable I'll walk you home."

I could probably walk myself without getting killed since I do live next door, but he's just being considerate.

"Ya, ok. Fine." I gave in.

"Yes! You won't regret it. It'll be at my house on Saturday. Starts at two but you can come over anytime." He winks.

I blush but quickly hide it by turing around. "See ya then." I walk off.

No way am I letting him see my huge red tomato face!

~

"What took you so long?" Jessie joked as I got out of my car.

"I ran into Jackson Ryan!" I squeal.

"No, no, no. Leah he's a total dick. Please don't tell me you have a crush on him." She groans.

"Too late. I'm going to his house Saturday for a date pool party thing. I really don't even know?" I get the bag out of the car.

"You're too far in." She groans more.

"Come on, he's really not that bad." I follow her inside the house.

"Mhm. But he is." She points at me. "He has made every single girl he's dated cry." She raises her eyebrows.

"Duh! That's what happens after breakups." I roll my eyes.

"Don't say I didn't warn ya." She grabs an ice cube from the fridge. "Come on I got our set up over here." She leads me to a bathroom.

~

A painful three piercings later. She used a needle, ice cube and those wipes I bought. Talk about dying.

"Oh don't be a baby!" She said as I moaned and groaned on the floor.

I got my second piercing on both sides which didn't hurt that bad, but then I got a belly button piercing. Yes a belly button piercing.

I mean people will definitely be surprised at the pool party that's for sure.

She said she bought a belly ring online, but never used it because it was 'too girly girl'. Which apparently to her was just perfect for me.

I can't lie though, I love it! It was a tiny little pink rhinestone. It was dainty and I pray my parents don't see it. It's not like I wear crop tops at home or go around in just a bathing suit so they shouldn't see it! Right?

"I actually like it." I look in the mirror at my new piercings.

"Yeah, you look badass." Jessie compliments.

"Do you think I'll get bullied at the pool party?"

"First off, bullies are left in middle school. And second if they try any shit call me and I'll beat them up. I know we have only been friends for less than twenty four hours, but you're the only person I can be friends with at that intolerable school."

A smile erupted my face and I put my hands around her tiny body.

"Don't let it get in your head loser." She flicked my forehead.

~

From then on Jessie and I texted like crazy. Just talking about the dumbest things to stupid people at our school.

At home my mom was asleep on the couch and Milo said they made dinner and saved a plate for me.

I went to bed happy with my new self, and dreamed of Jackson Ryan in swimming trunks.

~

WEDNESDAY
Getting up I got dressed and decided to put my hair up today. My new piercing get to show! At least two of them.

I had to tutor Kai today which was a total bummer because I've been ignoring him.

I grabbed my daily coffee and headed to school. It was a gloomy Wednesday morning but I'm sure it'll clear up.

"Morning." A voice came from the side of my locker. Looking up I meet eyes with Jackson.

His blue eyes were like a beautiful ocean. Mine were an ugly swamp green.

"morning." I said quietly.

"Just making sure you're not getting cold feet on Saturdays plan." He smiles down

"mhmm, not yet." I smiled.

"Good. There's only going to be my friends there and their lady friends? So no being mean to you. I won't allow it."

"I'm sure you won't." I recall the diner.

"I promise." He holds the hand that is keeping my locker open.

My eyes widen and I try to keep my: BOY TOUCHING ME. agghhh how am i breathinggg: in.

"Im happy you're joining me Saturday." He lifts my hand and kisses it.

He walks away leaving me jaw-struck. Kai comes towards me as Jackson leaves.

"Gonna catch flies." He practically slammed my mouth shut. "Just making sure your not a petty girl. If you're mad at me your still tutoring me. I have a test tomorrow." He leaves.

Tomorrow?!? We should've been studying for it last week!

~

After school Kai asks if we could go to my house after school, since he needs to pick up stuff at Jackson's house that he left a while ago. I tell him I'll meet him at my house and drive home.

I can't believe I touched hands with Jackson. His hands were so soft. I wanted to touch them again. Wow I sound like a mega stalker. I swear I'm not!

Pulling into my driveway I don't see Kai yet and I go in. I'm never at my house so my parents will be surprised.

Opening my door I walk in and look around. No one is home? I know Milo always has soccer practice after school but mom or dad should be here.

Looking in the kitchen mom is no where to be found. Is she in her room? I go down the hall and open the door to emptiness. What Looking further I open my dads office.

It was the worst mistake of my life. If I could I would just never come to my house. Never see it.

Dad with a woman on top of him. Not mom. A young woman.

"DAD? Wha-" I can't even talk.

"Leah! I can explain-" I close the door not wanting to even look at his face.

I don't want to see his face ever again. My poor mother has been nothing but loving and loyal to him and he's cheating on her??

I can't breathe. This house feels stuffy and I hear my dads belt and him making his way towards me, but I also see another figure.

Wearing baggy jeans and sweatshirt. Black hair  bouncing everywhere, it's Kai.

I crumble to the ground and and he catches me. "Get me out. please." I melt into his arms.

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

soo... what da ya think? :)