Chapter VIII

Chapter VIII
°•. 🐎 .•°
From The Ground Up

"And we'll build this love from the ground up, now till forever,"

My footprints echoed across the ground. Alice followed after me and my knees crumpled below me. So many people had died in this field alone. But they didn't need to know that. Not yet. There was more story to tell first.

"Tell us what happened next," Rosalie said. Tears were shimmering in her eyes as her fingers traced 'Evan's' name on the missing in action plaque. Her fingers found my name and Alice started sobbing.

"W-What happened," Alice sobbed.

"Soon you will know, but for now, to take your mind off of it, this is the start of our courtship," I said.

》》♡《《

I smiled at Evangeline, who was laying next to me. Her hair was fanned out against the meadow and her eyes were closed in a thoughtful slumber. Oh how beautiful she was. Her finger were braided together with mine and her other hand lay across her stomach. Sun beat down upon us and wind ruffled the meadow. She looked so peaceful I once again could not help myself. I leaned over and stole a kiss.

"Your very inpatient my Major," Evangeline smiled.

"Perhaps my love is just too irresistible," I replied.

"Shut up," Evangeline blushed. I kissed her nose and she curled into my chest. My lips found her neck and peppered kissed across her shoulder, pulling down her uniform a bit to get access.

"Jasper you dirty soldier!" Evangeline laughed. She rolled over again and grabbed my hand in hers.

"I love you, and, I just wanted to make it real, Evangeline Harrison, will you court me?" I asked.

"Of course," she replied. "Why else would I be here," she said. She leaned over and our lips pressed. I took her small form in my arms and kissed her softly. Her warm skin flushed against mine and her hands found there way to my hair. They twisted in the locks and I let a small breathy sound escape my mouth.

"Whoa, getting dirty round here I see," Sam teased. I growled and spun away from Evangeline, my cheeks pinked as Sam burst into laughter. "Easy Jazz, I did not mean to offend," Sam smirked.

"Yeah, sure," I scoffed.

"I just wanted to let Jasper know that everyone is planning an attack, I don't know if it will really turn into anything, but, ya know, better safe that sorry," Sam said.

"Thanks Sam," I said.

"Also, the Joe thing, that rumor is spreading well," Sam smirked.

"Joe? Who's Joe?" Evangeline asked.

"She's my little sister, she's the drummer boy," I explained. "I, well I asked Sam to make sure she wouldn't get shot," I added.

"Oh, okay, how old is she?" Evangeline asked.

"She's 13," I smiled to myself.

"Does she look like you," Sam asked.

"She does a bit, I mean, we share parents so uh, of course we look a bit alike. But um, she's blonde, but her eyes  are a different color, and uh, I suppose she looks a bit like me," I blushed.

 But um, she's blonde, but her eyes  are a different color, and uh, I suppose she looks a bit like me," I blushed