42 - Back to Reality

The next morning, I woke up to see Draco wasn't in bed so I went to the nursery to check on Cordi.

"Shh, it's okay, darling. I'm here," I heard Draco's voice come from the nursery.

I peered through the door which was cracked open, and I could see Draco standing in the middle of the room as he cradled Cordelia who looked and sounded  to be super fussy. She must've just woken up.

Draco slowly rocked her and she soon began to coo gleefully.

"I love you so much..." Draco murmured after a few minutes, "just as much as Mummy and that's saying a lot. I hope you find someone you love that much."

I felt a smile spread across my face as I slipped into the room. Draco looked up and gave me a small smile as I approached him and Cordelia.

"How'd you sleep, darling?" he asked as he placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"Pretty good. Last night was rather fun," I said with a smile.

He eyed me up and down. "Well seeing you can still walk tells me I didn't get the job done," he said innocently.

"Oh trust me, you did," I replied as I thought about last night.

"You sure?"

"Draco, you're holding our daughter. We can't just have these conversations in front of her," I said while laughing.

He rolled his eyes. "She can't even talk yet so what makes you think she understands how she was made?"

I laughed once again. "Good point, b—"

"Oh, I thought you would both be in bed still! Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt," Narcissa said as she hurried out of the room just as fast as she came in.

"Do you think she heard that conversation?" I asked.

"Probably not but she definitely heard you begging for me last night," he said cockily.

"Draco!"

"Just stating facts, darling," he remarked with a smirk on his face.

Draco went back to tending to Cordi's needs and I sat down in the rocking chair as I admired them both.

"It's rude to stare, Blair," he said as he walked towards me.

I grinned at him. "Sorry for being a proud wife and mum."

He lowered Cordi down to me so she could be fed.

"But in all honesty, you're amazing with her...I don't know what you were afraid of."

"You think so?"

"She clearly loves you."

Draco smiled and leaned over so he could give me a kiss.

"I love you," he whispered.

"And I love you."

-

All too soon, the day for Draco to head back to Hogwarts arrived. With it being November, it will only be a month without him as I will be heading back to Hogwarts myself after the holiday, but that still feels so far away.

"Cheer up, love, I'll be home to visit every weekend," Draco reassured me as we walked through Kings Cross. I cradled Cordi who was asleep at the moment and held Draco's hand with my free hand.

"Promise?"

He nodded and pressed a kiss on my head. "And if you need anything, don't hesitate to write."