59 - The Final Battle

Voldemort stood at the head of the table. He had just called an emergency meeting for who knows why. To my dismay, that also meant pretending Astoria was Blair once again.

"We have the whereabouts of Potter," said Voldemort.

My heart sped up slightly. Surely Blair is with him. I glanced over at my father and Julius to see their reactions, but they kept their heads bowed down, so I did the same.

"Severus has alerted me that Potter was spotted near Hogwarts earlier this evening," he went on to explain rather cheerfully. "However, I believe he is also searching for horcruxes. Therefore, we must get to Hogwarts now. He must be stopped . . . the war is about to be over everyone!"

I slumped back into my chair as the realization dawned on me. I was too afraid to admit it then, but Blair . . . Potter took her, and if his intentions are taking horcruxes so he can destroy them, what if he already killed her?

-

I apparated to the Hogwarts dungeons. I could hear angry voices coming from one cell. Pansy and Blaise were both shaking on the door as Filch locked it. The rest of the Slytherin house was behind them.

In a split second, an explosion caused the door to blow off. I wore a smirk on my face as I stuck my mother's wand back in my pocket while the freed Slytherins fled the dungeon. However, I grabbed onto Blaise and Goyle as they tried to run by and before they could protest, I pulled them along with me.

"I need to be with Pansy!" Blaise cried.

"She'll be okay. Just come on," I spat.

"What is going on?" asked Goyle as we hid behind a castle wall.

"A battle, obviously," I hissed as I took a fistful of their shirts and sprinted towards the door that had just appeared in the wall. "Back me up," I whispered as we started to walk through the many aisles of junk in the Room of Requirement.

-

-

-

"This thing will be impossible to find!" Ron cried as he gave up on the pile he was searching through.

I nodded in agreement and turned to Harry. "Are you sure this is even the right place?"

"Yes! Just keep looking!"

I rolled my eyes and started to search through a new stack, tossing aside trinkets as I looked.

A while later, Harry left to search a new area. I sat back on an old couch while Ron and Hermione searched.

I don't even know why I was still helping them, especially after I had learned only an hour before that Voldemort was on his way here.

"Blair, can you check that pile?" asked Hermione, pointing at an unsearched stack.

I pulled myself off the couch and started to dig through it. Books, old clothing, decorations, and so much more was in the pile.

I reached for an old jewelry box and opened it up. A tune began to play, but my heart beat sped up as I pulled out the object inside.

"Guys! Harry! Ron! Hermione! I got it!" I cried as I ran to find Harry.

I ran through the aisles but skidded to a stop when a flame leapt out at me and lit several stacks of junk on fire.

"Harry!" I screamed as I started to search the rows for anyone.

"Blair!" he cried out in response. "I'm here!"