Chapter Eight

Reina awoke to the sounds of birds singing outside her window and bright sunlight streaming past her curtains directly onto her face.
It was peaceful, especially considering the day she had yesterday. Her first day at school and already she got into a fight and then that awful nightmare last night that she could have sworn felt so real.

Reina honestly did believe it was a nightmare but she couldn't shake the feeling of something being wrong away.

"You probably only had a nightmare because you watched that stupid film last night, you're fine Reina."
She lectured herself, pulling herself out of bed and standing before she glanced down at her body as she realised that she wasn't in pain anymore.

Upon further inspection, she realised she was completely fine. She had no visible bruising on her and she was pain free. That didn't sit well with Reina. She didn't look like she got in a fight at all. It sent a shiver down her spine. Something wasn't right.

It isn't normal to heal that quick she thought.

CLANK

The sound of someone shuffling around and things clanking together drew Reina out of her head.
"I guess if Mum is already making breakfast then I should I get ready."
Reina resolved to herself as she moved to take her morning shower.

Reina turned up the heat in her shower as she shuddered, unease still installed in her stomach and eating away at her.
The hot water turned Reina's skin bright red as steam floated around the bathroom and quiet hisses of pain came from Reina when the water burned a particularly sensitive spot on her skin.

It was then Reina let out a scream.
There was a hand, slowly reaching into the shower.

"I'm sorry for startling you princess, but I do believe you'll get hurt if you keep the water at this temperature. You humans have sensitive skin, do you not?"
A feminine voice called to her as the hand moved to turn the water cooler.

"What the hell!?? Who are you? What do you want with me?? Last night wasn't a dream was it?!"
Reina let out a cry and backed away from the hand.

The voice called back to her as gently as possible.
"I promise that I will answer all your questions, I don't mean any harm to you at all but I believe that you may be more comfortable having this conversation elsewhere."

Reina tried to calm her heart as she wrapped her arms around herself.
"Please go away then so I can get out."

Reina didn't hear a reply but she heard the door close and footsteps retreating from the bathroom, signifying that she was now alone.

Reina jumped out from the shower with haste and scrambled to put her clothes on and style her hair. Cause intruder be dammed, Reina wasn't going out if she wasn't looking good.

Reina had many thoughts racing through her head.
Like If last night was real then why was her call not answered. And if there is an intruder then why was her Mother not running to find her. Reina was confused and scared.

Reina walked down the stairs to the kitchen with as much courage as she could muster, she didn't have a weapon but she could run to the door if she had to.

"Goodmorning princess I trust you slept well."

"Little princess."

"Hello princess, how was your shower?"

Three different voices rang out in the kitchen as Reina took in four strangers standing around as if this was a normal occurrence for them.

"Someone tell me what the hell is going on right now!"
Reina demanded with faux confidence and bravery.

"Well we are making you breakfast, humans need food to survive yes?"
The female replied nodding towards the full English breakfast that was currently being plated.

"Cut the bullshit, that's not what I meant."
Reina glared at them.

"Oh I apologise princess I did not realise what you meant. I'm afraid we cannot tell you everything but you must know that we mean no harm. We have been sent to find and protect you by our masters."
The small blonde female told Reina.

Reina just stared at them. She was in a state of shock and confusion. Just as she was about to open her mouth another voice cut in.

"We haven't even introduced ourselves. I'm Demetri, she's Jane and that's her twin Alec and the big man is Felix."
Demetri told Reina, pointing to each person.

"Not to be rude-actually to be very rude cause you broke into my house, what they hell do you want?!"
Reina shouted.

The group sighed and looked at each other, seeming to have an unspoken conservation.
Jane stepped forward and lifted Reina up with no trouble and deposited her on top of the counter.

"princess-"

"I'm not your princess, my name is Reina. Use it!"

With a sigh Jane continued on
"Last night you met felix, we believed that only having one of us be with you at first would prevent any trouble but obviously we were wrong and we scared you but he meant no harm and neither do we."

Alec took over from Jane.
"Reina, our masters have been searching for you for years, centuries even."

Reina's eyes bugged out her head.
"And before you say anything we know that it seems impossible but it's not. See it was long ago foretold that the masters would have a child. A Princess of Volterra."

"Which is where we are from."
Felix butted in.

"That child is you Reina. Not biologically but spiritually if you will."

Reina slowly blinked.
"Get the f**k out"
Reina quietly ordered.

The four strangers turned to each other before nodding and leaving the house with speed Reina had never seen before. Only dimitri lingering at the doorway.
Before they were fully out of sight Felix called back to her.
"Oh nice try with the phone by the way princess, but you forgot to press send. And what I said still stands. You'll always be safe now, you don't know it yet, but you're very important and special."

Reina dropped to the floor and cursed quietly to herself.

"Your Mother is still at work doing overtime and food is on the table, just call for us if you need us"
Demetri gently told her before joining the others.

[Proof Read]

[A/N-Thank you for all the kind comments, they really make my day 💛]