Chapter Six

Reina heard the the beeping of a machine when she began to come into consciousness.
'My alarm?'
She mentally questioned. She reached out her arm to switch off her alarm and was momentarily stunned when her arm came into contact with nothing but the air. As Reina's senses came back to her, she breathed in the clear scent of sanitary chemicals that could only make her frown as sanitary chemicals meant hospitals and Reina hated hospitals.

Coming to the realisation that she was in a hospital, she struggled to open her eyes and let out a hiss as she was blinded by the bright lights that shone above her. Reina let her eyes settle before she began to observe the room she was in. White walls, white ceilings, white bed, white furniture, and an IV that connected into her arm.

Reina mused over the disgustingly white, chemically infused room and was just about to take out her IV to leave the room when the door was opened and she was met with the familiar face of her concerned Mother.

"Reina! You're awake. How do you feel? Any pain anywhere? You gave me quite a fright when you were rushed in here."
Reina's Mother gently said to her daughter.

Reina smiled to her overly caring mother and answered her Mum's questions.
"I'm okay Mum and I only have a slight headache. I'm sorry I scared you and I'm sorry that I got into a fight on the first day of my new school."
Reina looked down, not wanting to meet her mother's disappointed gaze and was shocked when her mother gently wrapped her arms around her and told her
"I know you Reina. And I know that you don't get into fights for no reason. I would only ever be upset if you only got into a fight because you felt like it."

"Now I'm going to get the doctor in and he's going to make sure that you're okay. I'll be back soon, I just have to check my patients."

Reina mumbled a quiet "okay" and brought her arm up to observe the tubing attached to her chelidon. Reina wasn't necessarily bothered by it, but it was a nuisance to her when she tried to bend her arm into a comfortable position. As Reina got distracted by the tubing, she didn't notice Dr Cullen come in and break a smile, eyes filling with adoration at the adorable sight of Reina pouting while poking at her tubing.

Clearing his throat, Dr Cullen walked slowly towards Reina, making sure his footsteps are loud so she can hear him coming, not wanting to scare the zoned out girl.

"Good morning Reina. I hear you had quite the day at school today. How are you feeling? Any pain in your temple or discomfort in your shoulder or arm?"
The Doctor questioned to Reina, reading over her notes before observing the girl.

Reina curses herself as she blushes again, struggling to find the words while being stared at by the god-like doctor.
"Um yes...NO-yes.....heh um I mean, I have a slight headache but other than that I feel good."

Dr Cullen encouragingly smiled at Reina and filled in her Information sheet before going over to Reina and taking the upmost care to remove her IV.
"The pain relief that has been in your IV will have been masking most of your pain so in a couple of hours you will more than likely feel like you have been hit by a truck, in that case take some pain killers and try to distract yourself from it. I would like you to stay off school for the next few days and come see me in about a week to see how everything is healing. Your mother is medically trained anyway so you are in very good hands Miss Smith."

Reina let's out a giggle at the formality of her handsome doctor and slightly turned to face her doctor better as she realised something.
"Wait-stop the bus-you're Doctor Cullen? So you must be Edward and Alice's dad, right?"

The doctor let out a chuckle at the confusion on Reina's face.
"I am their adopted father. My wife and I took them and their other siblings in. Rosalie, Emmett and Jasper. I am Carlisle and my lovely wife is Esme. I am assuming you have met some of my children?"

Reina takes in the information and nods in affirmation.
"Yeah, they've all been really nice to me actually, I officially met your son Edward before I got into a little scuffle with another girl."
Reina meekly says, for some reason not wanting the Doctor to be disappointed with her for fighting.

Carlisle nods in understanding and begins to check Reina's eyes as he wanted to be sure that she wouldn't retain any permanent damage from being bashed on the head.
"It seems like your eyes are slightly swollen so you are mildly concussed and I advise that you don't sleep tonight until the swelling goes down but if you have to I'd like your Mother or whoever is at home to check in on you every ten minutes. I know you slept half the day today but I don't want you to be suffering from anything we can prevent."
Carlisle proceeds to gently poke around Reina shoulder and the bruises on her face, taking note of every point where Reina let's out a wince.
"The bruising should go down soon just apply this ointment on the bruises every night and it should help it."
Carlisle gave Reina a sweet smile and removed his hands from her bruised form.
"I'm going to get your Mother now so she can sign you out. This is my number in case anything happens or you would like me to give you any more advice or help.

Letting out a shy smile Reina watched the man leave her room and stared longingly at the door as she thought of how cold his touch was and how nice it felt on her bruised face.

Reina laid In her bed after being discharged and driven home by her Mother who had to reluctantly leave her to do an extra shift at the hospital.

Reina wasn't in pain, she wasn't hungry or tired like everyone expected her to be, however, she was utterly bored. Normally she would read when she was bored but her books hadn't arrived with the movers yet and so they had been assumed to be 'misplaced' and although Reina had planned to go into town to buy some, right now she had nothing to do.

Reina contemplated on what to do before she realised that she had yet to text Krystal, being too preoccupied with being unconscious to do anything.
Reina awkwardly reached over to her right side with her left arm (to avoid harming her healing arm) where her phone laid in order to pick it up and text Krystal.

[K-Krystal, R-Reina]

R-Hey Krystal, It's Reina. I sorta forgot to text you earlier, soz :(
K-Hi hun and don't worry about it haha.What are you up to anyway?
R-Bedrest. My Mum told me If I moved from my bed, she would feed me nothing but healthy food for a week lol
K-lol.WAIT.Bedrest?? Why? Did you break your leg? No wait. I know. You seen a picture of me and you fell for me, am I right?
R-how did you know? Haha. No. okay. So I may or may not had a little, tiny mcscuffle with Bella after school. And she may or may not have gotten a bit too violent when I tried to be the bigger person. In all honestly, I would have come out of the fight unharmed had I not turned my back on her.
K-holy shit. Its been your first day and you've already been assaulted by her?! F*ck Reina. haha. You badass tho.
K-OMG OMG OMG. I hope someone was videoing it. I bet someone has. i have to see it. Anyway. Are you okay? Do you want me to come over? I'm really good at keeping people company ;)
R-I'm mostly okay, I'm just really bored. If you could come over, I'd love you forever
K-I'll be right over, just send me the address babe. Get ready to have the most amazing night of your life ;) No homo though haha.

[Proof Read]