1.7

It was night and the train was pulling into the station. Hagrid was carrying a lantern, walking to the train.
'Right, then! First years, this way, please! Come on now! First years, don't be shy! Come on now. Hurry up. Come on!'
Harry and Ron walk away from the train, towards Hagrid.
'Hello, Harry.'
'Hello, Hagrid.'
'Whoah.' Said Ron in awe.

Many laughed at him.

'Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now. Follow me.' Everyone sat in boats, four first years to a boat. Hogwarts was lit up against the night sky. The kids all looked on in awe.

'Wicked.' The new students walk through the corridor, up the stairs and stop at seeing Professor McGonagall at the top.
'Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now, while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded The House Cup.'

'I'm pretty sure that's the exact same speech Minnie gave us.' James commented and Remus looked to him saying,
'Why would she bother to change it if it works?'

'Trevor!'
Neville rushed forward, grabbing his toad, before stopping and looking up. McGonagall looked at him sternly and he goes back to the sea of students.
'Sorry.'

There were a few chuckles and a fond smile from Alice. Her friends could so easily see the similarities between her and her son and they'd only just learnt of his existence.

'The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily.' The professor turned towards the door, when Draco Malfoy looked to Harry.
'It's true, then. What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts.'

Narcissa groaned at her future son already knowing whatever he was going to say wouldn't be nice. Alyssa on the other hand was watching with amusement having been too young to find the encounter comical before instead finding it rather serious but now the whole thing seemed hilarious to her.

The students gasped and began to murmur his name.
'This is Crabbe and Goyle... And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.'
Ron snickered, Draco sharply turning his attention to him.
'Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask you yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley.'

Narcissa once again looked mortified and the others felt annoyed, minus a few Slytherins who hated the Weasley's, at bringing their wealth into this.

Harry glared at Draco, not happy at his making fun of his friend.
'You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort.'

'Dear Merlin! This is just getting progressively worse.' Narcissa shook her head in horror.

'I can help you there.' Draco extended a hand to Harry, who just look at his hand.
'I think i can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks.'

'Damn! My son has sass.' James grinned.

McGonagall stood behind Draco, tapping his shoulder with a scroll of paper. He turned to her before glaring at Harry and going back to his place.

'We're ready for you now. Follow me.' The first years walked through the doors behind McGonagall, looking around the hall in awe. They walked in the middle of four long tables, filled with students. Hermione and Alyssa walked behind Ron and Harry as they look up at the ceiling memorized.