4.8

A wardrobe stood in the middle of a room, rocking slightly as if something alive was inside.
'Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?'
'That's a boggart, that is.'
'Very good, Mr. Finnegan. Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?'
'No one knows.'

'Where did she appear from?' Evan asked in disbelief.

'When'd she get here?!'
'Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so...'
'So terrifying. Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Uh, without wands, please. After me: Riddikulus!'
'Riddikulus!'
'Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen. Riddikulus.'
'Riddikulus!'
'This class is ridiculous.'

'Cissa! Your son just insulted Moony's teaching!'
'I assume your mean Remus, Sirius? What on earth is up with those ridiculous nicknames of yours.'
'Riddikulus! Hah!' James laughed.

'Very good! Well, so much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is...laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Uh, Neville. Will you join me, please? Come on. Don't be shy. Come on. Come on. Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?'

Neville lowly stammered his answer.
'Sorry?'
'Professor Snape.'

They all laughed as Severus scowled.

'Professor Snape? Yes. Frightens all.'

Severus glared at Remus who attempted to hide his laughter.

'And I believe you live with your grandmother.'
'Y-Yes. But I don't want that boggart to turn into her either.'

'I wouldn't either- I'm terrified of my mother.' Frank shuddered.
Alice frowned,
'Why does he live with Frank's mum and not us?'

Silence lingered in the air.
'Um...well, you'll find out soonish.' Alyssa said slightly uncomfortably, her and Luna exchanging glances which didn't go at all unnoticed by the others.
'Oh god- we die, don't we?' Alice said.
Alyssa and Luna exchanged another glance.
'Just watch...'
Alice and Frank exchanged nervous looks.

'No. It won't. I want you to picture her clothes - only her clothes - very clearly, in your mind.'

'I like where this is going.' Barty grinned and Severus looked slightly worried.

'She carries a red handbag.'
'We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do. Excuse me. Imagine Professor Snape in your grandmothers clothes. Can you do that?'

They all grinned, getting ready for what would come next- Barty, Evan and Regulus smirking at Severus.

'Yes. Wand at the ready. One... two...three.'
Remus flicked his wand and opened the wardrobe.
"Professor Snape" appeared in the wardrobe.
'Think, Neville. Think!'
"Professor Snape" walked forward and Neville waved his wand.
'Riddikulus!'
"Professor Snape"'s clothes change to Neville's grandmothers, making Remus and the students laugh loudly.

Everyone burst out laughing, Sirius and James on the floor along with Barty, Evan and Regulus who were already teasing
Severus. Even Lily couldn't help but laugh. Severus looked mortified.

'Wonderful, Neville! Wonderful! Incredible. Okay. To the back, Neville. Everyone, form a line!'
The students formed a line.
'Form a line! I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most and turn it into something...funny. Next! Ron! Concentrate. Face your fear. Be brave!'