Second Half Of The Tournament

Your POV

You walked back to the classes stands and went to your seat. "Hey Akio!" Emiko called you. "Come on and sit down." You sat down next to her as you waited for the next rounds. "Momo, Ashido and the others left to prepare for their matches. They wanted me to tell you that you were great in your match." Emiko said. "That was only a warm up. The real matches start after this first round." You said then felt another sting in your arm as you clutched it. "Hey you okay?" Emiko said concerned. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just need to focus on my next match." You said.

"We're gonna charge right on along to the sixth match!" Present Mic shouted in the loud speaker as the next two students walked onto the arena. "Lets hope that gaudy belt serves some kinda purpose! It's Yuga Aoyama from the hero course! Versus from the same class Mina Ashido!" Present Mic said and the match began.

Aoyama started firing rounds from his navel laser belt as Ashido used her acid to slid along the arena inching closer and closer. "Ten bucks says Ashido gets hit with one of those beams." Kaminari said to you hold ten bucks in his hand. "I'll take that bet." You told him keeping your gaze on the arena. Ashido inched closer and closer towards Aoyama who was getting tired of firing his laser. Then when he stopped, Ashido threw some of her acid onto his belt making his pants fall down. Then as a final blow Ashido throws an uppercut knocking Aoyama out cold. "Aoyama has fainted! Ashido wins!" Midnight said as the crowd cheers. You looked at Kaminari who gave out a groan in defeat. "Come on. Cough it up or I'll torch you." You said holding your hand out. Kaminari shivered and handed you the ten bucks. "Emiko hold to this for me and you better not lose it." You told your sister who took the money and put it in her pocket. "Yeah yeah." She said with a chuckle.

"Now lets get this hot streak moving! Time to move on to the seventh match! Offense and defense in one! The dark samurai and his dark shadow! From the hero course Fumikage Tokoyami! Versus, the great creator! She was admitted because of recommendations and I think we can all see why! Also from Class 1-A Momo Yaoyorozu!" Present Mic shouted in the loud speaker as you saw Momo and Tokoyami stand on the arena. "How do you think this match will end? Any clue?" Ojiro asked Deku. "It's all gonna be based on timing." Deku said. "Oh? How so?" You asked leaning forward. "Yaoyorozu has to make things in the exact same time as she is being attack and quick draw whatever she has. While Tokoyami can call on his Dark Shadow at will. Like I said it all depends on timing." Deku said as the match began. Tokoyami instantly called on his dark shadow and it came out of his chest straight for Momo. Momo created a shield to block dark shadow. Over and over again not giving her anytime to create a attack weapon. Soon his barrage of attacks came to a stop as Midnight blew her whistle. "Yaoyorozu! You're out of bounds! Tokoyami wins!" She said. "Yikes that was a quick match so far!" Present Mic shouted. "Damn. That was fast." You said. "I feel bad for Momo though. She didn't do anything." Emiko said. "Yeah well something like this can prove how weak somone is. If there's a next time she'll have to do better." You said. "You know you don't always have to sound so cold." Emiko said and you rolled your eyes. Then you saw Deku leaving. "Hey where are you going?" You asked. "I'm gonna go check on Uraraka. She's probably nervous about her match. I could use your help trying to cheer her up if you want to come." Deku said. "Go on Akio. I'll let you know if Kirishima wins his match." Emiko said. "Tsk. Why do I care if the red head wins or not." You said getting up following Deku out.

You and Deku were now outside of the waiting room Uraraka was in and entered. "Uraraka?" Deku called as you both entered and saw Iida there as well. "Deku. Akio. Why aren't you too watching the matches?" Uraraka asked. "Most of them ended how I expected it. And it's looking like Kirishima's fight's going to drag on for quite a while. I just wanted to come down and check on you and I just asked Akio to tag along." Deku said. "I was just getting bored and decided to come down here seeing what was going on." You said. "I'm next. So this is it. My fight." Uraraka said. "It'll be okay. I don't think Bakugo would use the full power of his explosions on a girl right?" Iida asked. "Yeah. He would." Deku said. "I doubt he'll stop until you stay down." You added and heard Uraraka give out a small whimper. "And besides, everyone's trying to get to the top spot in these games. Even if she wasn't fighting Kacchan, I don't think anyone would hold back." Deku said.

"And you'll have a bad advantage with your Quirk." You said. "Uh Akio. I don't think you're helping her boost her morale." Iida said. "I'm not gonna lie and say you'll do great out there as long as you do your best. There is a major power gap between the two. Everyone can see it but are too nice to say anything about it. But they always want to cheer you up by giving you some lame sappy emotional speech to boost your spirit." You said. "I know that we are on completely different levels and I probably have no chance at winning. But I guess I got no choice but to go out there and face him." Uraraka said kinda sad and nervous at the same time.

"I didn't say that you didn't have a chance at winning." You said making her look up at you as you sat across from her. I said that you and him have a power gap between you two. The best and only thing you can do from here on out is to try harder to win. Everytime you get knocked down just say 'I'm not done yet'. Use your Quirk to fullest. Stay calm and think carefully about what you want to do. Push past your limits on your Quirk and just do you." You told her. You saw Uraraka's eyes light up with confidence as she sat up straight. "You're right. I can't just feel fear over this. I gotta use my quirk to the fullest and go over that. Go beyond plus ultra!" Uraraka said putting her fist in the air in front of you. "I'm not saying that." You said in a serious voice. "Haha right sorry." Uraraka said with a nervous laugh. "You know even if you don't like to show it, you always know how to inspire people to do what they gotta do. You're nice in that way." She added. You looked at her for a few seconds and turned your head to the side letting out a sigh. "Tsk. Don't get the wrong idea." You said and Uraraka let out a chuckle.

"Uraraka you've helped me out so much since I came to UA. Now I think it's my turn to help you." Deku said as he pulled out his journal. "Maybe I can repay you a little bit with this. I've got a plan in mind for how you can use your Quirk against Kacchan. It's not much but I did my best." Deku said. "Hey! Well all right! This is perfect!" Iida said. "Thank you so much for doing that. But no. Sorry. You're wonderful Deku. I keep seeing that over and over again. During the cavalry battle I told you it was a good idea to team up with friends. But now that I think about it, I might've been trying to rely on you to get by. That's why when Iida said that he was trying his best to beat you, I actually felt kind of embarrassed of myself." Uraraka said standing up. "Uraraka..." Deku said. "So it's fine. Really. Everyone's facing their future amd giving this their best. That means we're all rivals. Even you and me Deku. So.. Guess I'll see you in the finals." Uraraka said.

Timeskip

After the fight with Kirishima and Testsutesu ended in a draw with both of them being knocked out it was time for the next match. You were back at the stands with everyone else and waited for the match to begin."The Ninth match of the first rounds is about to begin! He was kind of a hot shot in middle school, and just look at that determined face! From the hero course Katsuki Bakugo! Versus... The one I'm personally rooting for, also from the hero course Class 1-A Ochaco Uraraka! Let the Ninth match...begin!"