Chapter 53

Yeona's POV

My eyes widen a little with surprise as Ten presses his lips onto mine. That definitely wasn't what I expected, but at the same time, it was exactly what I wanted to happen. Because, well... 

Okay, yeah, I like him. I've probably liked him for a while now. In fact, I've probably liked him since I realized he was the only human being I was capable of talking to without being an awkward mess.

But for real, the confidence of this man is literally on the next level...

These thoughts are completely wiped from my mind as I focus on what's happening in front of me right now. I close my eyes, our lips moving in perfect synchronization. It's like I can't stop myself from drawing closer to him.

The need for air makes me pull away from him. For a moment, I see a flash of worry and slight regret in Ten's expression. "Wait, I'm-"

Without even thinking, I reattach our lips, cutting his apology off. I want this moment to last forever. It's the most surreal feeling I've ever experienced, as if I've been waiting my whole life for this moment.

And then he confesses. I didn't even know that the feeling was mutual, and then everything went down... But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm internally screaming, unable to believe this is happening right now. Did Ten just as me to be his girlfriend? And did I just say yes? I think the answer is yes, that just happened, and I'm so glad it did.

"Well... Hello girlfriend Yeona," Ten laughs.

My eyes curve into a smile, that genuine smile that only he can seem to put on my face. "I don't think that's what you're supposed to call me, but okay, boyfriend Ten."

"Okay, okay, confidence," my boyfriend says, laughing through his flustered state. It's cute, seeing him like that. And now I don't even have to deny that I think he's cute.

"Says the confidence king himself," I respond.

He hasn't even had time to recover from his flustered state, and now I've sent him into another one. "Okay, fair enough."

"I mean, as Johnny once said, 'You gotta have confidence. C O N F I D I- confidence'," I say in English, quoting the NCT member.

"Did you just mention Johnny right after I confessed to you? I'm so sad," he sighs in a cute voice, tilting his head to the side and pouting.

I laugh as I try not to show the effect his aegyo has on me. Immediately, another meme comes to my mind. "Now you're going all cute on me. Oh my god, I can't stand this anymore. I have to go."

"No, don't go!" he exclaims, reaching out and pulling me even closer to him, although I wasn't even going to leave. After a pause, he asks, "But do you NCTzens have a meme for every single situation out there?"

I nod. "Of course. You gotta seize the opportunity. Yes."

"A true NCTzen you are," my boyfriend says with a nod of approval. "Use my memes the most, okay?"

"Alright," I respond with a smile.

He returns the smile, then changes the topic, probably since he doesn't want to hear any more memes. I'm sure he'll hear plenty of them in the future, though. "So... When do we want to tell-"

Ten's words are cut off by the bedroom door banging open. I sigh, knowing exactly what this means.

Chaos is about to go down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here take some shy ten

Thanks for reading!