Chapter 56

Ten's POV

Well, this is great. Not gonna lie, I really didn't expect for NCT to do anything other than overwhelm Yeona with chaos, but I guess it's best for her to see the most real side of us. And I guess I shouldn't be talking, because I've been very willingly involved in the chaos before.

I think my job right now is to protect and comfort Yeona to the best of my ability. Luckily, it looks like she's not completely terrified right now, considering that she's managed to introduce herself.

"But can we talk about the fact that they're holding hands?"
"And the fact that I've never even heard of her before?"
"Ten, how could you keep her from us?"
"I'd like an explanation right this minute-"
"Calm down, Taeyong."
"But for real, is this the new member of the NCT's-partners-squad?"

I suddenly realize that I haven't really told them about Yeona before. Things went down with her and Haeyoung so quickly that I don't think I had much time to do it. Well, now they get to have the bomb dropped on them.

"Yeah, we're dating."

As expected, my words are met with chaos. Their surprise is definitely justified, considering that this is the first time they've met Yeona, and she's my girlfriend already.

The most outstanding exclamation is "NOW I KNOW!" which resonates through the room multiple times amongst the other shouts.

"Excuse me?"
"Did you just-"
"Wow, and I thought we were friends-"
"Calm down, the poor guy was probably busy."
"SM gives you a break and this is what happens?"
"Wait, is she the one you told me about? The girl who was helping you get rid of a sasaeng?"
"Hey, that's unfair! You knew about her?"

I nod towards Taeyong. "Yeah, she's the one."

"Oh! In that case, welcome to the squad, I guess," our leader announces. Yeona nods, a small smile on her face.

Before I know it, I feel my girlfriend being pulled away from me. Chaemin and Chunmei have somehow made their way through the crowd to us, probably seeking to hang out with Yeona for a while.

"Here, I want to introduce you to Chaemin, who's pretty much the founder of the NCT's-partners-squad... Wow, we really need to come up with a better name," I hear Chunmei say. "And you're part of the squad already, whether you like it or not."

I still don't let go of Yeona's hand, unsure if she's comfortable going with them. We make eye contact for a moment and she sends me an "I'll be alright" look. With a nod, I let go of her hand and allow them to pull her away.

"Ten! I didn't expect this, but uh, congratulations," Johnny says, approaching me.

"Thanks," I respond, a smile on my face.

From the other side of the room, I hear Yangyang and Renjun talking. Our maknae is flexing his part in getting me and Yeona together on his friend. "You know, I was the one who told Ten to talk to Yeona first!"

"Oh, he'd better be thankful," Renjun responds.

"I know, right? He hasn't even thanked me yet," Yangyang sighs with a roll of his eyes, even though I can tell he's just happy he played a role in finding me a girlfriend..

I realize that he's right, raising my voice in hopes to be heard from all the way across the room. "Thank you  Yangyang!" The boy somehow hears me and sends a thumbs up in my direction before continuing to talk to Renjun.

Across the room, Yeona seems to be having a good time with Chaemin and Chunmei. With a smile, I approach the nearest group of people, Mark and Haechan, and join their conversation, glad that I'm back with the group again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my creativity is dead so uh... any names for the MinMeiNa trio?-
(unless you want to be stuck with "NCT girl squad" or smth-)

Thanks for reading!