Chapter 8: Fluff

WARNING: Contains fluff or whatnot. If you don't like this scene don't read it. (Edited by editor-san since the creator sucks at fluff and instead writes smut.)

Athanasia's POV

I've just finished my afternoon father-daughter tea time. I must admit I enjoy his company. I guess some of my walls fell the more time I spent around him.

I was walking to my study, when all of a sudden I felt a shiver down my spine. I stop dead in my tracks. My sixth senses are acting up. Haha, nope not going through it again.

He's near

I immediately turn and walk in the opposite direction until I feel arms wrapped around my waist. I tried squirming out but it was all for naught.

Fuck, I was too late.

"Where are you going?"

"To my study."

"Why are you walking the opposite direction then?"

I pursed my lips

"I forgot to get something." My voice cracked.

"Tsk. Liar."

He then drags me to the study. I lay on the ground not even bothering to get up. I have to go through the pain. The maids watch in bewilderment. 'I'm not paid enough for this'

I entered the study with a sigh, Lucas smirking beside me.

Accepting my fate, I grab a pile of books and plop it beside Lucas.

"Huh-?" Was all he managed to squeak out before I plopped onto his lap. I squirm until I find a comfortable position, ignoring the blush on his face. He awkwardly wraps his arms around my waist, and I lay my back against his chest. I could hear his heart beating fast. I take out a book and start reading, intentionally ignoring it. I didn't want to embarrass him further. When I reach out to take my phone, I feel something heavy on my shoulder. He put his chin on my shoulder making me lose balance and have to rely on his arms holding me.

When did this happen?

I was crying over my late mother and he hugged me. I could tell he didn't know how to comfort someone because he insulted me. After that, he started being more affectionate with physical touch. Don't get the wrong ideas. He did say he lived 200+ years alone in a tower. I think he doesn't understand the friendship boundaries.

Why did I not retort back and tell him to stay in line?

I don't know... he was acting shy, something way out of character. I feel my heart flutter and a warm feeling in my chest. Somehow, this makes my burden ease. Even trapped in his arms I still feel a little bit freer. And that's when I realized.

I'm in love with this kinky bastard of a wizard.

Lucas POV:

I heard whimpers and crying somewhere in the distance. I teleport closer to see the brazen princess crying. That's something you don't see every day. I walked closer. She noticed my presence but simply ignored it, trying to clean her eyes.

"You look uglier like this." she ignores this

How do you comfort someone? What did my master do when someone cried? Oh, I remember.

I hugged her. I can feel her flinch and shiver. She reciprocates the hug, crying and burying her face into my shoulder. A tingling sensation tickles my heart, before smothering out. She continues to cry until she lets it all out. In the midst of this Lucas felt something he shouldn't have. He has been feeling weird desires.