Hunting Games Pt. 2

The day had arrived. The hunting games. Commoners and nobles all around were making last minute promises, wearing enchanted items that will help protect them, etc. Athanasia looked around at her competition. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Sir Rogers talking to Ijekiel.

Father was right. I should be wary of them.

"Hey, Sia."

Her gaze snapping forward, Lucas stood in front of the princess. He wore an outfit different from his casual clothes. He wore a hunting outfit, more suited for the land, along with a charm on his wrist.

"Did you need something?"

"No. Rather, I was going to give you this."

Walking a bit forward, Lucas placed a pendant around Athanasia's neck. Touching it, Athanasia blinked.

"Sorry Sia, but you and your dad aren't quiet. I heard about the Alpheus family." Frowning, Lucas sighed. "Why didn't you tell me that dog was bothering you?"

"Ah. He was annoying for a bit, but after a moment or two you forget about Ijekiel. You only ever remember at certain, useless times. Y'know?"

"Right." Lucas tapped the pendant. "This necklace is to keep you away from creeps. There are bound to be a few old geezers trying to hit on you because you're the crown princess. I'm not letting that happen."

"Thanks, Lucas."

"ATTENTION!"

Claude's voice rang all throughout the competition grounds, using a magic amplifier to make sure everyone could hear him. "THE HUNTING GAMES WILL COMMENCE SHORTLY. PLEASE, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SCROLLS AND THEN READY YOURSELF AT THE START."

Athanasia hummed. She had already grabbed her scroll, so giving Lucas a quick kiss, Athanasia smiled. "I'll be at the starting line."

Lucas nodded. "Right. I'm gonna grab a scroll."

Soon enough, everyone was at the starting line, or the entrance to the forest.

Athanasia, upon hearing footsteps, turned to see Ijekiel. He looked meek, and sad.

"Hello, princess."

"What do you want?"

"I.. I wish to apologize for what I am going to do during the games."

Athanasia raised an eyebrow. What?

Before Ijekiel could explain further, Sir Rogers appeared. "Hello, princess! I see you and my son are chatting."

Rogers had a hand gripped onto Ijekiel's shoulder. Athanasia narrowed her eyes. I wonder if the invitation apeshit Ijekiel extends to his bastard of a father.

Due to living many lives, Athanasia knows when something is sketchy. Her intuition was impeccable. Which is why she was metaphorically baring fangs at Sir Rogers the first time they met. Ijekiel was a bit suspicious at first, but the picture was incredibly clear now.

Roger does not really care for his son's emotions. As long as he was alive and breathing, Roger couldn't care less. He seemed to be more desperate since his ace, Jennette, is gone.

"We were just exchanging words of luck to each other before the game."

Rogers flinched. He seemed to have forgotten his place.

"Exactly." Ijekiel hurriedly informed his father. "We- we were wishing each other luck."

"I see.."