Chapter 9

I'm having tea with my father. I am already 14 years old. My debutante is in a few months.

My dancing so far has been flawless, and if I happen to make a mistake I'll use magic so I dance perfectly.

"Daddy, can you escort me and be my first dance?"

"Hmm. Well, if you really want it that badly."

"Really, thanks dad!" I run up and hug him.

"With one condition"

"Huh?"

"You have to stay away from the brat."

"L-Lucas? Why?"

"You spend too much time with him."

Oh, I see. I smell jealousy. Well, he is my boyfriend. I thought I didn't want romance but my desires got the best of me. I wanted more than friendship with Lucas. Lucas isn't going to escort me because he doesn't like parties and has better things to do such as breathing. He isn't coming back for a while. He went to look for the world tree.

"But, daddy, you're always number one in my heart. Why would I choose him and he left a year ago." Hopefully, my conviction takes effect. I stare at him with my puppy eyes. When Lucas comes back we have to make up for the lost time.

"Fine, just stay away from pests."

"Of course, if I find no way out of accepting their request I'll make sure their shoes are ruined or their feet sting. They'll regret it." I am loyal and faithful to Lucas. Who knows what he'll do to those poor souls who ask me for a dance.

"Haha, yes, show them not to mess with you."

My father is not exactly back to normal. He still has black magic but only a little. The world tree is the only way to remove the black magic.

***

I was staring into the night sky and Lucas teleported in front of me leaning in to give me a kiss. When we separated I asked him, "What's wrong?"

"I have to leave soon."

"To the world tree."

"Yeah."

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

"I see."

I drag him inside my room to my bed. I jump into my bed. "Sleep with me."

"Sure, princess."

I hug him and he hugs me back. I whisper into his ear, "You'll have to make up for the lost time."

He hugs me tighter. "If I don't come back, what will you do?"

"I would probably go looking for you to beat you up."

"How cruel."

We were face to face with genuine smiles on both of our faces.

"Stay away from pests otherwise I'll exterminate them myself."

"Of course." I say, giggling.

"I love you."

"I love me too~"

This brat. I release my hug and start hitting him and punching him.

He chuckles and says "I love you too."

"Hmph." I puff out my cheeks.

We started understanding our feelings more and decided to date at 13 but Lucas had to leave. The world tree is a really important destination. During that year I spent more time with dad. He seems happier now that Lucas is gone. I look through my gallery and see different expressions of Lucas and dad. I wonder what'll happen if I try to call him. I'll try texting him instead.