Chapter 10

At the Alpheus Estate

"Are you truly out of your mind? I specifically told you not to make a move on your own. You chased after the princess and showed yourself before his majesty without any plan in mind." Roger screamed. They were screwed.

"Well, what plan did you have? You tried to bring the topic to my father and it failed. I had to tell my father somehow."

Roger mentally facepalms. All his hard work could go down the drain. That one encounter could destroy everything.

I wonder what the princess will do. She definitely will not let this go.

"They literally gave you the death glare, even the princess." Roger said angrily. 

"The princess gave Jennette the death glare?" The princess must be angry with me if she gave Jennette a cold glare.

"Yes, she did. It looked like she would kill me right there and then."

"Don't say such things, Jennette. The princess is kind." Ijekiel tried to exaggerate the word.

"Are you serious?" Jennette deadpanned.

"Are you delusional, Ijekiel? Don't let your emotions get the best of you. She's a monster." Roger stated, shuddering at the memory of their first encounter.

Ijekiel was conflicted with his orders and emotions. He had never felt that his orders would be a burden, but now it felt like everything was falling on him. How could they say the princess was a monster? She was the kindest person he's ever met. They don't know the princess as I do. Somehow his last thought made him feel happy. Only I know the princess best. 

"Forgive me, father. I let my emotions get the best of me." Ijekiel said insincerely.  

"It's fine. We just need to find another way for Jennette to be officially introduced as crown princess." Roger huffed. "She already presented herself as royalty. We just need her to be accepted to live in the palace. I'll have to ask for an audience with his majesty." 

"You're right, they can't easily decline someone who is part of the royal family." Jennette exclaimed. 

"We just have to hope that his majesty accepts you." Roger says in doubt.

***

Athanasia's Bedroom; The next day

I woke up to see my hand being held by Lucas. I still couldn't believe he was back, it's been a year. I try to loosen my grip but he squeezes my hand tighter.

"Lucas. Wake up." I try to say in a gentle and soft tone as I poke his face.

No reply. What do I do in this type of situation?

"Wake up. I thought you were going to give me my present."

I wait a while until he opens his eyes half open. He stands up and says, "Good morning, Sia."

"Good morning, Lucas."

 He teleports me to my father's bedroom.

"What are we doing here?" I asked in a whisper. 

"Shh." He takes out the world tree branch and smacks it on my father's forehead before he could turn around. "Hey! What did you do?" I screamed and was about to punch him until he also inserted the world tree branch in my forehead. I fell to the floor as he caught me.

"Happy Birthday, Sia." He carries her bridal style to Claude's bed and somehow carries Claude to the bed too.

I was somewhere dark and heard their whispers. Their back. I wanted to resist but there was no use. I still had the chains on me. I was still a slave. I then saw a white bright light that seemed to disperse the whispers.

I woke up the next morning to find myself lying next to my father. I felt energized and youthful. Father himself looked a tad bit younger.

I then remember what Lucas did.

You scumbag! What did you do? Is this revenge on my father calling you a 'brat'? Did this happen in the manhwa? My memory is getting foggy. I remember seeing him insert the world tree branch in my forehead.

I heard my father moving around. I heard some mumbling. He was saying, "I remember. I remember you, Diana. I remember our promise. I'm sorry I only know now. I wish I was there since the beginning and stayed with you until your last breath."

I touched my face to feel the tears streaming down my face.  I turned to face my father. I immediately hugged my father. My face was still wet with tears. They were tears of joy.

He remembers. Thank you, Lucas... 

____

A/N:

I know I'm avoiding problems which makes it harder for me to write a plot but I like to make myself suffer. Sorry for the short chapter, was kinda busy this week. 

Word Count: 748