A Break

"Y/n, what's gonna happen after brothers cornstion?" Rona asked me as we sat together in the gardens sipping tea. It's October 13th. It's cold but calming. Its been 7 months since I had seen or talked to anyone from clarines. It's almost my birthday. I'll be 20 this year. My brother Raji is to be married next month and crowned the week after.

"He'll be King and take over ruling tanburan. He hasn't needed me for a very long time. He's ready" I told her as I sipped my tea.

"And what about you?" She asked as I set down my glass. She's known I've wanted to leave for some time now.

"I don't know.. Ill probably go live somewhere else. I wont be able to cause anymore problems there" I gave her a small, apologetic smile. Rona was quiet because she knows what I said is true.

"Will you visit?.." she asked quietly.

"Of course I will" I smiled and took her hand, "ill be here on your birthday and every holiday. I'll always come back but it'll take me some time to find my own home" I let her know. "And I'll be safe, I'll still have Juniper and leon with me." I smiled.

"Are you gonna go to clarines?.." she asked which made my skin tingle. I've wanted to visit..

"I'll be going to alfin to get some things.. I dont know where I'll go after.. I've always wanted to travel though. Maybe I'll just roam around" I shrugged as I took my hand back and sat back in my seat.

"Okay.. I'll take care of things here then" she smiled. I nodded and couldn't feel happier.

It was October 15th soon. That night I wrote a note and left it on my bed. It explained that I'd be taking a break and travel for about a week with Juniper and leon and I'd be back safe and sound. I didn't give a location because I didn't even know where I was going.

I left that night with Juniper and leon and road into the night. I wore the same thing I always had along with that cloak shirayuki got me. I missed traveling.

"Where should we go, Y/n? Maybe the lions of the mountain or clarines?..." Juniper asked and was kind of hesitant.

"I'd love to but I can't let them know I'm in either of those places.. I know a place actually. I can't say it'll be anymore fun than being at the castle though" I gave a little giggle as I looked at my friends.

"I doubt that" leon chuckled to me.

"Its just a boring house, nothing to get excited over" I rolled my eyes.

"Does this house happen to be the one you snuck off to with prince zen a while ago?.." Juniper asked. Kiki mustve told them that night..

"Yeah.. It gives me just a little taste of home.." I answered quietly and couldn't hide my smile.

"Y'know, it's not just you that misses them. We all got close to everyone.." Leon spoke as we slowly road down the dirt paths into the forest.

"Yeah, we really all connected.." Juniler added.

"If.. If you'd like to visit, I won't stop you.. I just can't go.." I want to visit too..

"Why would we leave you, n/n?" Jumiper giggled.

"We'll see them again soon anyway when raji is married. And we'll help hide you as well I suppose" leon rolled his eyes.

"Yeah.." I muttered and lowered my head with a forced smile.

"..Look, we're all on the same page about this. We know what you've chosen to do is the very best thing for everyone so don't feel so bad" Juniper told me as I looked to the both of them riding on their own horses by my side.