The Truth -p1

3rd person POV

"Her full name is Y/N M/N Moon" Obi continued.
"You're a part of the Moon Clan?..." Zen asked in awe. Y/N nodded without looking at him. "No wonder Mitsuhide couldn't beat you! I suspected that you were a good fighter from your swords but I didn't know you were from the Moon Clan! Speaking of which.. the paper said the last survivor died a few days ago in battle."
"What was left of her family was murdered a few days ago by Prince Dominic. They were given a command to kill the first prince of Tanbarun simply because that idiot had said something wrong to Prince Dominic but they denied and took the consequences."
"He always gets what he wants from someone else and if it doesn't happen, that person will perish," Y/N wrote and showed the boys.
Zen read it with a heavy heart. "I see... that's why you were so mad that day.."
"He's done unspeakable things to Y/N, like.." Obi paused for a second to look out the window instead of them. Obi nor Y/N could look at anyone in the eyes.. "He raped Y/N when she was twelve..." Obi ended up whispering.
Prince Zen was trying his very hardest to keep his anger and sadness inside so it wouldn't make this harder for either of them but it was very difficult. He kept his fist in balls and stared painful and hatefully at his fists.
"I couldn't protect her.. in the end I was moved because I knew what happened... now here we are. Her family was killed in their own household." Obi choked up and could barely hold it together... "She had to run through Tanbarun without being caught, then she met you. When Prince Dominic got word, he sent me to find her. He was going to make her his concubine, is what he told me but I wasn't going to bring her back. I couldn't tell her that though, we were being followed but I took him out a while ago.. After all, I am your best friend." Obi smiled lightly and nudged her arm a little to lighten the mood. Prince Zen's didn't change though. He knew she'd been raped. Zen always hated criminals, but people like Prince Dominic were scum who needed to be sentenced to death in Zen's eyes. "I found a different country where I'll take her-"
"No." Zen stood up quickly with sadness, remorse and hatred in his eyes all at once. The prince held his hand out for Y/N to take. "Stay in Claines. You have my word that she'll be safe, Obi." Zen stared Obi dead in the eyes, not backing down from this. He had taken an interest to Y/N from the beginning and now knowing all of this information about her, he wanted to do more. He wanted to protect her with his life.
Obi looked to Y/N who was staring at Zen's hand quite intensely. The Prince stared right back at her, hoping she would take it. Y/N took a peek over at Obi. Obi sighed and relaxed himself, "I suppose that could work but only if I was with her." He commanded. Y/N smiled to herself and quickly took Zen's hand while he wasn't paying attention.
At that very moment the sun shined right on Y/N and Zen. His face was lit up with a kind, happy smile.
"Obi can come too," he rolled his eyes and chuckled. Y/N stood up with a smile showing through her mask, she wanted to hug the Prince but wouldn't that be weird?

Your POV

You looked up at the Prince smiling brightly.
It doesn't sting! He doesn't hurt me!
I started to get a little too excited. This only happened with family and the addition of Obi.
"Whoa, Prince Zen... consider yourself a lucky guy..." Obi awed. He seemed to notice that I'm not uncomfortable either. I blushed a little but I still smiled and squeezed his hand tighter with joy.
"Wh-What?" Prince Zen looked at our hands and blushed a little, then quickly looked away. I laughed to myself and let go. I ran over to Obi and shook his shoulders back and forth in excitement.
"Does it really not hurt anymore?" Obi asked me actually shocked. I nodded quickly while pointing to Zen then quickly wrote on my paper.
"It's only with him!! OBI IT DOESN'T HURT!!" I wrote excitedly and accidentally tore the paper. I surprised both of them, I think, haha!
"Well you're happy now. Did I do something?" Prince Zen asked me with a cute chuckle.
"This was the first time it didn't hurt to have another person touch her after..." Obi trailed off without mentioning the incident... The prince seemed to get it though.
"Seriously?" He asked with a smile. I nodded happily then we all noticed the door opening.
"Whoa, why's everyone so happy?" Mitsuhide asked with a yawn and walked in with Kiki.
"No reason," Zen looked over at me with a smile then back at the two.
"What happened between you two while we were gone?" Kiki grinned and took a seat on the couch.
"Oh, nothing really, just Master and Miss sharing a romantic hand-holding moment. Can you believe it, they kissed too!" Obi shouted fake-blushing and fangirling. I went straight-faced and punched his arm hard enough to make him lose feeling for a minute.
"Wh-What?! NO WE DIDN'T!" Zen yelled flabbergasted and embarrassed with a huge blush.
"Oh, did you now? I knew you and Y/N had something going on from the start, I mean why would you just fall off a ledge like that?- OW! HEY! BOTH OF YOU, REALLY?!" Kiki and Prince Zen both punched Mitsuhide in the arms. I blushed a little and laughed without a sound.
"How clumsy of our Prince," I wrote on the paper trying to keep a straight face...
"HEY!" He shouted, embarrassed. "I TRIPPED AND FELL BY ACCIDENT!" He tried to defend himself but the four of us like making fun of him... he's just too easy.
"Yeah, fell in love~" Kiki grinned while looking at the hole I punched in the wall. Man, I wrecked this room...
"NOT HELPING!"
"Prince and Cloak Girl sittin' in a tree- K-I-S-S-I-N-G- First comes- OW!" Obi yelped after Zen and I slapped him very hard on the back. Than we all had a laugh together before Shirayuki walked in.
"Good morning." she yawned and came to sit with us. "Why is there a hole in the wall?" She asked casually, then realized what she asked and looked again.
I looked away, biting my lip. "Miss Kiki slipped and fell face first into the wall! Can you believe it!?" Obi lied. She was so tired that she couldn't think straight and was actually worried about Kiki.
"Oh no! Why didn't you wake me up? I would have made you some medicine to-"
"No, Shirayuki. Kiki didn't actually slip." Zen patted her shoulder with a sigh and a smile. We all laughed.
"O-Oh.."
"If I had to guess, it's from somebody's fist." Kiki smirked and looked over at me. I quickly looked away and bit my lip with a shrug.
"I wonder.." Obi looked over at me. I looked away from him too.
"There's no way Y/N did that!" Mitsuhide pointed to the hole..
I turned away from everyone.
"HA! This isn't the first time, remember, Y/N?" Obi cracked up.
I crossed my arms after writing, "I've never done anything of the sort."
"Ha, Ha! I can imagine little Y/N getting mad and punching a wall again," Prince Zen laughed along with the others.
"Well actually that is how it happened. She was fourteen and got so mad at her parents for not letting her leave to go on a mission with them. When they came back, there was a huge hole in her bedroom door!" Obi laughed to himself, rolling on the floor. I scoffed and rolled my eyes before letting a silent laugh come out.
Kiki had been reading a book for a minute or two now. Mitsuhide turned to see what she was reading then Awwwww!-ed at it. Obi was looking at it from over their shoulders too.
"What's so cute about that book?" Shirayuki asked them. I was a little curious too now.
"It's a picture book, if you will," Obi grinned, still looking at the tiny book. It was a perfect square and it was small.
"Whoa?! Wait, is that Y/N?!" Mitsuhide shouted, staring at the pages more intensely.
What?! Where did Obi get pictures of me?!
I stood up from my seat and rushed over to Kiki and snatched the little book away before Shirayuki or Prince Zen got the chance to see it too.
Where the hell did he get this? I've never seen it before in my life but.. this is me from childhood up until a few weeks before I ran away.. It's baby pictures and a picture of every mission I've ever been on.. when did Mother take these?
"Y/N, this was in between the first page and the cover," Kiki handed me a folded up paper. It was Mother's handwriting..