Together For The Night

I woke up bright and early. Today will be my last day here so I plan to make it good. I put on my uniform, the nice one, like obi, Mitsuhide, kiki and I were told. And no, it wasn't a prank this time. Nobles and royals will be arriving at different times so its a possibility ill see some around which means I need to look my best.
I went and ate breakfast with shirayuki for a while and talked about how I'd be leaving in the morning tomorrow. We also talked about how she'll help me get ready when its time to put on my dress which was nice of her. She had to get to work for today soon though. She only had a little then the rest of the day she would be free. After breakfast I went to Zen's office. Everyone else was in there too talking about the spy from last night. Zen didnt have any work for today so instead we all stayed together and roamed around the castle grounds. We eventually met up with shirayuki too around lunch. Then um.. Well we bumped into Prince Izona.
"Hello little brother" prince izona smiled and was sort of in a good mood which was scary. Maybe hes just happy im leaving soon..
"Hello brother.." Zen replied and didnt look very happy anymore. The rest of us stood behind zen while him and izona talked.
"I see you're spending Y/n's last day all together but guests will arrive soon so be careful what you do together.." Prince izona warned. He wasnt talking about everyone, it was a warning to me and zen.. "I also heard about that man miss moon caught sneaking around last night. Good work" Prince izona told me with a little smile. I nodded and stayed quiet. "By the way miss moon, princess ari is waiting for you in Zen's office" he told me.
"Is that all brother?.." Zen asked and tried to not show how annoyed he was. Im sure he's mad at prince izona that I have to leave but its not entirely because of him.
"Goodness Zen, since when have you become so cold?" Prince Izona asked and was messing with zen now. I lowered my head and thought that their fighting was probably all my fault.. "Dont keep Ari waiting too long, miss moon" he told me before walking off somewhere.
"Y/n.." Zen said as he turned around but now had a smile on, "Do you think now would be a good time to give her that sword?" He asked with a little tilt of his head.
"Y-Yes, ill grab it and meet everyone there" i said quickly and felt a little nervous about giving it to her. I hope she likes it.
"Thats okay, we'll come with you. The blacksmirths is on the way there anyway, right?" Shirayuki asked with a smile and linked arms with me.
"Then we better hurry, she's waiting" Mitsuhide said with a smile.
"Okay" i smiled a little bigger before we started walking. We were pretty far away from the gates and the public eye which meant we were closer to the blacksmiths. I picked up the sword, said a quick hello to the blacksmith then got back inside the castle with the others.
"I think she'll love it" kiki told me with a smile as we all walked together.
"I hope, I tried to make it look nice, something fit for a royal anyway" i said nervously and held it in its sheath in my hands.
"Even if it wasnt all nice and shiny, im sure she'd be happy still" shirayuki told me and bumped my side.
"Yeah, id be happy with anything you made me" obi said and bumped my arm as a hint he wanted me to make him one. I rolled my eyes at his attempt.
"So would i" Zen added and smiled down at me. I looked down at the sword in my hands as my cheeks began to turn pink.
"Didn't you say you were making one for zen too?" Mitsuhide asked as we neared Zen's office.
"Oh, well, im waiting until I get to tanbarun so ill have something to do while I'm gone" I told him with a smile.
"Or just so you could think about him.." obi muttered as my eyes widened and my blush got a little darker.
"Obi!.." Zen whisper shouted in embarrassment.
"Calm down guys" shirayuki said with a nervous laugh as we reached the door.
"Well, lets not keep the princess waiting" kiki said as Mitsuhide grabbed the door then held it open for us.
Ari stood by the window I normal sat at before turning to see all of us.
"Y/n! Oh, its so good to see you again!" Ari shouted before we both hugged.
"Its good to see you too Ari" I giggled and hugged her back.
"Its nice to see you Ari, how has Alfin been doing recently?" Zen asked as everyone gather around.
"Better than ever before! We've removed all the unneeded guards in town and have been building relationships with other kingdoms. Dominic is long gone now thankfully and we won't ever see him again" she said and sounded so happy. She must never of liked her brother, i guess that makes two of us. "Oh, I've never met you before, im Princess Ari of Alfin" ari introduced herself to shirayuki.
"Oh! Sorry I forgot to introduce you. This is shirayuki. She couldnt come with us to Alfin last time" i explained as shirayuki and ari shook hands.
"I never imagined I'd meet you" shirayuki said shyly.
"Really?" Ari laughed and was being so sweet. She really is such a nice person, im glad alfin finally has someone like her.
"Y/n, dont you have something for her?" Mitsuhide asked as obi bumped my arm.
"O-Oh! Yes, I almost forgot!" I said quickly as I unsheathed the sword. "Ari, I made you a sword as promised, I hope it's to your standards" I said as i gently placed the sword in her palms.
"Its amazing, like nothing I've seen!" She shouted happily. Thank goodness, I was really hoping she'd like it.
"She worked hard on this for a while, princess" Mitsuhide said with a smile.
"Yes, maybe a little too hard" zen sighed and gently placed his hand on top of my head with a little smile.
"Thank you so much, Y/n. I'll wear it just like you've warn yours" she said and kept looking at it.
"Just like her?.." shirayuki asked with a tilted head in confusion.
"She means over her dress.." obi whispered and tried not to laugh.
"Well how else would I carry them? Under my dress?" I asked with a glare and turned to obi.
"She has a point" kiki said as everyone began to laugh at what i said before.
"Master, who all is aware of Y/n's secret as of now?.." obi asked but wasn't very quiet about it.
"Secret?" Ari asked and looked at me first. Uh oh..
"O-Oh! Its nothing princess!" Obi shouted suddenly.
"Obi.." zen glared.
"Ill be leaveing to visit tanbarun tomorrow morning" i explained but didnt give my reason.
"Oh, i see. Well, ill be passing by tomorrow as well, would you like to ride with me?" She asked which was sort of a shock.
"Really? O-Oh, well, Obi and shirayuki will be coming with me as well" i said and looked to the others for help.
"I dont mind at all! What are you going there for?" She asked. Suddenly everyone tensed up and obi was about to tell..
"We're going there just to help out for a little while. Theres um, some sick soldiers so me and shirayuki are going to help figure out what's wrong" I exclaimed but was completely lying. Everyone let out a breath they were holding in once i came up with that.
"Yeah, theres something spreading around but we can fix it" shirayuki added with a nervous smile.
"I see, well good luck with that" ari said with a smile and nod.
"Its about time everyone gets ready now" kiki said after checking the time.
"Y/n, shirayuki, kiki, will you join me?" Ari asked with a smile.
"O-Oh, of course!" Shirayuki said excitedly and nervously.
"Im afraid I have a bit of work to do but Y/n should be free for a while" kiki said with a grin only i could see..
"Im afraid all i can do is watch, ill be in uniform all night" i explained and tried not to be rude.
"Y/n, will you not be dancing tonight then?.." Ari asked with a little frown.
"Uh.." i hummed and looked around nervously.
"Nope, shes stuck with us in uniform all night long" obi said and sounded convincing too.
"Thats such a ashame.." she sighed as i glanced at zen who was smiling away.
"Well, you girls might want to get going now if you want to be ready in time" Mitsuhide said with a smile and nodded to the door.
"Yes, you're right. We'll see you soon then" ari smile and walked to the door with shirayuki and i. I looked behind me back at everyone with a little worry but they just smiled. Zen especially, he looks really excited for tonight already but it's hours away.
"Hey Y/n, can't we at least do your hair and makeup?" Shirayuki asked as i walked by her and Ari's side.
"Makeup? But everyone has to wear masks" i side in confusion and tilted my head a bit.
"Oh come on, only a little" ari giggled and lead us to where she'll be staying tonight.
"Well.. I suppose.. I do have a favor to ask though" i said as i untied my hair from its normal braid.
"What is it?" She asked with a smile as we walked into a room full of maids.
"Can you.. Can you help my cut my hair like shirayuki's?.." i asked hesitantly and held my hair over my shoulder. Everyone in the room gasped after I asked that.
"Really?" Ari asked in surprise.
"Thats a lot of hair to cut.. Was this Zen's idea?" Shirayuki asked suspiciously. My eyes widened a little and my shoulders tensed up.
"W-Well, no, I just thought that maybe it'd look better and it wouldn't be so much work.." i muttered and played with my hair. Maybe i could wear the hair pin zen gave me as well, i haven't worn it recently because I've needed to keep my hair back but maybe.. Ill wear it..
"Miss moon, would you let me cut your hair?" One of the maids asked. The others got so jealous when she asked instead of them.
"Oh, yes please" i nodded with a little smile.
"Well, even if zen didnt suggest it, I still think he'll love it" shirayuki told me with a quiet giggled and walked with me to a chair where the maid would cut my hair.
"I hope he does.. Im nervous that it might look weird.." i said with a shaky sigh.
"Dont you worry miss moon, I promise ill do my very best for you!" The maid told me excitedly.
"And would you allow me to do your makeup?" Another asked and looked so excited for it.
"I dont know, I dont really like makeup much-" i tried to explain but Shirayuki and ari pushed the idea some more and now i have to wear makeup..
The maid cutting my hair cut right at my shoulders. I was amazed by how short it was. I havent cut my hair for a long time before now because I never thought about my personal appearance much till now. Im becoming a royal and ill always be in the public eye so.. I'll have to wear dresses everyday soon too.. it doesn't matter though, as long as i can come back to zen it's worth it.
"How does it feel?" Shirayuki asked and I glided my fingers through my short hair.
"Amazing.." i muttered and looked at myself in the mirror. Its still so pretty and now its light and soft and so amazing..
"I think Zen would love to see this" ari giggled.
"Well, maybe ill go check on the others for a minute while you two get finished up" i asked with a smile. My makeup and hair are all finished so I'm pretty much done here.
"Then we'll meet you there soon" shirayuki nodded and smiled.
"Okay, ill meet you two in the ball room then" i smiled as i put on my black mask matching the other guards before walking out.
As soon as I shut the door i was met with obi. His eyes were wide open and he looked in awe.
"Hey Obi, the girls are still getting ready in there" i said and looked back to the door. He was quiet and didn't say a thing as his hands tangled themselves in my hair.
"You look like a little kid again!" Obi shouted with tons of sudden enthusiasm and looked so excited.
"R-Really?.." i asked in surprise at his reaction.
"Yeah! When we were kids your hair was always short till we got older! Now look at you! It's so good!" He shouted and was so, so excited.
"Thanks" i smiled and felt really good about myself now. Getting that kind of reaction from obi is always a good thing because he's always honest with me.
"We have to go show master! Come on, hes already done changing!" He shouted and took me by the hand then dragged me down the hall with him.
"Hey, put on your mask now and be quiet too, people are already here" i warned him.
"Okay, okay" he said with a chuckle and pulled it from his pocket. "Good right?" He asked with a smirk after putting it on.
"Fabulous" i giggled at his expression.
"Now we have to hurry before Zen goes out or else he won't he able to see you for a while!.." obi whisper shouted.
"Wait, wait! Hold on!" I said and ran off quickly. Since we're passing all the rooms I decided to stop at mine.
"Y/n!.." obi whined and follwed me. I grabbed my hair pin zen gave me then pulled back a bit of hair around my hair and clipped it back.
"Okay, lets go now" i giggled and took his hand again.
"Did master give you that?" Obi asked after seeing the hair pin.
"Yes, he did. At the end of the festival he gave it to me and i havent worn it much till now because I always had my hair tied back but now I can wear it everyday" I smiled and felt really happy about cutting my hair now.
"He really got lucky with you" obi chuclled to me and shook his head.
"I think its the other way around actually. He taught me how to live my life and I couldn't be more thankful" I sighed to obi and had a happy smile on my face.
"I like to think I've taught you some things too" obi told me and crossed his arms.
"You have too, obi" i giggled as we came upon a crowd of nicely dressed people trying to enter the ball room. It scared the heck out of me seeing everyone.
"Shoot.. I think we missed him.." obi sighed and lowered his head.
"Obi! Over here!" Mitsuhide called us from a door on the other side of the crowd. We had to walk through them to get to Mitsuhide but once we did we were in the clear.
"Who is-.. Y/n?!" Mitsuhide almost shouted.
"She looks like a little girl again!.." obi whisper shouted back and looked so happy again.
"No I dont.." i pouted and crossed my arms.
"Oh.. Wait till Zen sees you.." Kiki grinned from beside Mitsuhide.
"Its not bad, right?.." i asked and brushed my fingers through it.
"It looks so much better like this actually.." Mitsuhide said and looked almost entranced.
"I agree" kiki nodded smiling.
"Guys, whose at the-.." zen asked and walked behind kiki and Mitsuhide before seeing me. "Y/n.." he muttered with wide eyes. I breathed in a deep nervous breath and gave zen my best closed mouth smile.
"Is that prince zen?.. whose the girl?.." suddenly voices were all around us. "Two swords, that must be her!.. but her hair wasn't short before right?.." another said. They already found me..
"Come in you two, quickly" zen said as obi and i walked in.
"It seems like everyone already found you.." Mitsuhide sighed to me.
"How does everyone know exactly what I look like?" I asked with a sigh and put my hand in my hair.
"Y/n, will you let me wear your sword tonight?" Zen asked suddenly. My eyes widened a little when he asked and my heart beat picked up speed.
"U-Um, yes, of course" i stuttered before quickly taking my sheathed sword off my belt and handed it to zen.
"Now no will suspect a thing and ill have a piece of you with me for a while" he told me with a smile as he hung it around his belt. My face flushed red hearing that.
"Master, did you see whats shes wearing in her hair?" Obi asked with a little grin.
"Oh.." i wihspered and lightly touched the hair pin with a big blush.
"Youre wearing it? I'm glad" zen smiled with a little tilt of his head.
"Zen, its time" kiki said suddenly. Zen sighed looking at the other door on the opposite side of the room.
"Well, I guess there's no helping it.. Y/n, go back to shirayuki and Ari. Ill meet you inside soon" zen told me with a little smile. I nodded happily. "Obi, you stay with me" he said before we split ways. I walked out the door i came from and through the crowd who were whispering about me. They weren't sure if it was me or not thankfully.
I made it back to the girls. They were all dressed up and looked beautiful. I walked them to the entrance and inside the ballroom where they were announced before going in. I stayed with the girls everywhere they went and watched silently from the side. There was definitely some talk about me and people wondering if I'd show up to this ball. It sort of scared me to reveal myself somehow. Having so many people around scares me sometimes. I was okay though. Tonight id still get my dance with zen somehow whether if its after the ball or during it.
Zen and prince izona talked to a lot of people. Mostly women.. I mean, I know this ball is basically a giant date for prince izona but why does zen have to talk too?..
"Hey grumpy, doing okay over here?" Mitsuhide asked as he and kiki walked over to me.
"Me? I'm not grumpy" i said and still had my arms crossed.
"I don't think grumpy was the right word. Maybe jealous" kiki said with a little grin.
"No.." i muttered with a little blush and felt embarrassed because I really was jealous. I wish i was the one taking up all of Zen's time not watching him talk with girls who just want to flirt with him..
"Oh yeah you are" Mitsuhide chuckled, "i would be too if i were you though. Some of those girls say weird things.." Mitsuhide told me and looked a little weirded out. What kind of weird things?..
"Theyre mostly asking about you though" kiki told me as we all watched zen talk. "Everyone seems to think there's something between the two of you but they're all rumors." She tols me with a little sigh.
"Hes denied everything but that only means the girls have more access to him.." Mitsuhide sighed. My eyes widened for a second. Access? To what? To his heart?
"I think zen is about to crack and run away" kiki said with a little grin.
"Crack?.. Why would he run away from those girls?.." i asked and kept my eyes on him. He seems frustrated somehow..
"Because he hates talking to them," Mitsuhide laughed.
"All he wants to do is be with you right now" kiki told me with a smile. I feel really special hearing that. Theres so many other women that have much more charm and grace than me but he wants to be with me..
"Uh oh, here he comes" Mitsuhide said and tried to hold back a laugh as zen broke away from the women and headed towards us.
"Oh.. Well  what do we so?.." i asked and straightened up a little.
"Just be normal" kiki told me and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. I nodded and felt a little stiff anyway.
"You know i can see you watching me from across the room right?.." Zen asked with a sigh.
"We're just making sure everything's okay over there" Mitsuhide shrugged and relaxed.
"Looks like Obi's having fun.." kiki said as we all looked towards the crowd where we found obi chatting away with shirayuki. I giggled watching him have such a good time. Im so glad the two of us have been given this big break. Clarines has been a dream and we'll come back, we just need to put in a little work to keep this dream forever.
"We should go join them for a while. We have some time to spare" zen asked us. I nodded and smiled along with kiki and Mitsuhide. The 4 of us walked through the crowd to our friends. Ari even met back up with us too. Zen couldn't stay long before prince izona pulled him back.
An hour or two passed and the ball was still in full swing. I was going to wait a little longer to change but Shirayuki was getting too excited to wait for me so we snuck out one of the doors to the garden then snuck back in the castle. We ran all the way to my room where I hid my dress. She helped me put it on and made me put on some lipstick.