13 - Sharing is caring 😻

JJJ's pov

She was preparing to leave when i opened her cabin. She pretended not to acknowledge my presence. I patiently waited for her leaning against the door to look at me.

Finally she raised her sparkling raven eyes to my face because i wouldn't have moved out the doorway otherwise. She was waiting for me to say something. Then i abruptly straighten my body and pretend to adjust my shirt to show her that i changed my shirt.

What are you doing Julien? You don't have to show anything to her? She is your assistant. She did what she's supposed to do.

But i shouted at her. That was very rude. I should apologize for that...

Oh my god! What do you have to apologize for? For calling her a flirt? But she was flirting with Oli and Ben, remember? In front of you while ignoring you... Think about all the unkind words she said to you.. you would have ruined anyone who dared to talk to you like that. Why did you spared her?  Also she said you are not qualified to be in her list of "good to look at" right? How about that.. She insulted you!

That particular memory put me in a very BAD good..

"How many guys are there in your list?" I asked her while grinding my teeth trying to keep my anger at bay.

"What?" She looked suprised.

"Miss Emerson, i hate to repeat this but how many guys you have in your list?"

"What list?"

"That list... The 'good at look at' and 'flirt list'..."

"Huh! I don't have any list. Why would i keep a list for that" she is looking at me like i have gone CRAZY.

GEE's pov

Is he mad?? What is he talking about?

"Don't lie to me.. you said I was not good enough for that list..."

"Mr. Jovian sir, i didn't mean it that way when i said that.. i was just angry when you said I flirt with any man I see.."

"No I didn't mean that. I know you don't do it with all the guys, " he cut me off, his eyes soft.

"Well.. thanks" i said suprised by his words and added "i have my own taste you know...I ... "

"What taste?" again he interrupted me.

"Ahhh... Mr. Jovian.. sir.. don't you think that is a very PERSONAL question?" i asked very slowly as though talking to a child.

"Look Miss.." before he say anything Lol appeared behind him.

"Oh Gracey..." she called me playfully and stop dead when she spot who was standing at the door....

"Oh... Excuse me, sir.. i came to see Grace... I mean Miss Emerson" She said shyly.

I rolled my eyes at her and look at Mr. Jerk steadily and said, "I will take my leave Mr. Javion if you have nothing else to s.."

"Actually, your work here is not done yet. We are going to have dinner..."

"What?" Me and Lolli entreated in unison.

"Dinner with Mr. Josh.."

"Mr. Josh? I have never heard of him.." I looked at him dumbfounded.

"I met him at lunch yesterday and he want to talk business."

"Then you should go.. why are you calling me? We already have plans tonight.."

"Gracey... He is our boss. You are his assistant and you have to follow him to these meetings.." that was from my very sensible friend.

I rolled my eyes at her. She gawked at me and divert her attention to Mr. Jerk.

I rolled my eyes again and looked at him. In return he raised his right eyebrow at me.

To hell with this...

"Fine.. let's go. I'll get my car keys."

"No."

I regarded him questioningly.

"You will come with me in my car. I'll drop you off at your home later."

"Am I supposed fly and come to office tomorrow when my car is here?" I asked sarcastically.

"Miss Parker, can drive it to your home."

"Will Miss Parker fly to office tomorrow when her car is here?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine. I will ask my driver to send it to your home tonight. Satisfied? Now let's go." He turned abruptly and left expecting me to follow him.

"Hey Ace... I know you hate him but still he is your boss and this is your job you know.. you should not let your feelings distract you from doing your work." She said softly. My sweet Lollipop...

I sighed slowly.

"Alright Lolli.. I promise I'll try. But now i have to go or the Jabberwocky will blow fire on me. I'm sorry i can't go for dinner. We will do it tomorrow i promise. Go home safe. Bye."

He was waiting for me in his car when I existed the office entrance. His driver was standing near his car. I gave him my car keys and told him the address. After that i got inside his car which is different than the one i saw on my first day.

How many cars did he has? What car is this? Where are we going? I hope we are not going to those luxurious hotels where dressing up matters more than eating. Don't get me wrong but when I'm hungry I can't think of anything else than food. I want pizza... Pizza with extra cheese and mushrooms... Yum!

"What are you thinking?"

I was so deep in my thoughts that for a minute i forgot who was with me and jumped when i heard his voice.

What was I thinking?..... Ahmmm..  Pizza? Will he think I'm a foodie if I said that? I am a foodie. I love food and enjoy eating them very much. Who cares what he thinks?

He snapped his fingers at me to get my attention.

"Grace..."

"Ahh.. yes sir.. I'm sorry i was miles away..." I told him as i came out of thoughts.

"I asked what are you thinking?" His voice soft and.... Gentle? I must be dreaming.

"Nothing important actually..."

Liar! Pizza is important!

"Shut up you stupid Eve!"

"What?"

"Did i say that loud? I'm sorry sir. I was talking to my myself... About piz.. "

"What? Pizza?

"Yes... No.. i mean no... Not pizza.. nothing.. its just nothing.."

"It's okay.... Do you always do that?"

"What?"

"Talk like that?"

"No!!!! I'm a bit crazy but I'm not mentally sick!" I exclaimed.

"I didn't mean it that way. We all do that you see. But not that loud though."

"Yeah.. I know. I can't help it. When I was 7 years old my dad brought a Siamese cat home. He said he was abandoned in the streets. So we raised him for a year. As a lonely child i was so content with having him around. But one day he got lost. We can't find him anywhere. My dad assured me he will find him or buy me another cat. But that one was very special and I can't get get him out of my mind. So i imagine him talking to me my in my mind. So he was telling me what is right or wrong. So i often argue loudly with him you see so that he can hear. But only when i was a teenager I realized that it's actually my mind telling me what is right from wrong.. then the cat disappear from my notion. But the habit still remains you see.. I even.." i stopped talking all of a sudden.

"What happened?" He asked tenderly.

Oh My GOD... What are you doing? Sharing about your childhood with him? I never told about this to anyone not even Lolli. But i just made him and told him a very important part about me... What is happening to me? It felt so real and as easy as breathing to tell him that...

Then the car stopped...