chapter two

"it looks like he's on the phone," heeseung pointed out, tugging on the hand he was holding.

hearing heeseung, as discreetly as possible, jay slightly turned his head to glance at the man. he looked to be arguing with someone on the phone. it seemed that when the conversation was over the man began to walk away from the two.

"heeseung look! h-he's leaving! he's walking away," jay whisper shouted, his eyes wide. the man was finally leaving and jay couldn't contain his smile.

the entire time jay spoke, heeseung couldn't take his eyes off of him. i want to see him smile more. a slight smile was growing on heeseung's face as he watched jay. though as jay was beginning to turn his head back to the front, heeseung quickly cleared his throat and wiped the smile right off his face, sharply turning to the front.

after walking for a couple more minutes heeseung was about to say something but was quickly cut off by a voice unfamiliar to jay.

"yo, heeseung is here!" jay, startled, quickly looked up upon hearing the loud voice. unfortunately for jay, as soon as he raised his head, his eyes met with 5 pairs of unfamiliar ones. they were all spread out, sitting on the park benches. oh shit. what the fuck do i do. why are there so many?

in the midst of his distress, jay unconsciously tightened his hold on heeseung's hand. in concern, heeseung glanced at jay, tugging on their intertwined hands to get jay's attention.

"are you ok?" heeseung whispered, leaning closer to make sure only jay could hear him.

in response jay nodded his head, quickly putting on a smile. it's alright, i can do this. as jay was internally cheering himself on heeseung began to introduce his friends to jay.

"guys, this is jay." heeseung introduced jay and immediately after, he began to put a name to all of the unfamiliar faces jay saw, "starting from the left that's sunoo, niki, sunghoon, jake, and jungwon ."

as heeseung said each of their names they would follow up with a "hi" or "hello" and jay would respond with a small wave.

when the two went to finally sit down their hands were separated and before heeseung had the chance to grab jay's hand the person to the right interrupted and introduced themselves to jay again.

"jay, right? hi, i'm jungwon," the boy beside him spoke with a smile, jay's eyes immediately catching his cute cheeks adorned with a dimple. aw, so cute. i want to pinch his cheeks.

"yes, you can pinch them," shocked, jay covered his mouth, wondering how he knew what he was thinking. "it's what everyone wants to do when they first meet me," jungwon shrugged with a small laugh.

"go ahead," he said, leaning towards jay with a small smile, his head tilted so that jay can easily pinch his cheeks.

shyly, jay reached out a hand and softly pinched jungwon's cheek. after he retracted his hand, jay quietly giggled and whispered to himself, "soft."

the two continued conversing, getting to know one another. eventually niki and sunoo decided to join them. the atmosphere around the four of them became more comfortable after getting a good conversation going. soon enough there were smiles all around. while everyone else was distracted, seeing this as their chance, sunghoon and jake approached heeseung.

"why were y'all holding hands?" sunghoon was the first to speak up, wiggling his eyebrows, a slight smirk gracing his lips.

when the words left sunghoon's lips heeseung immediately looked to the others, making sure they didn't hear anything. "if the others heard what you just said they'd have a field trip teasing me," heeseung grimaced at the thought.