chapter five

heeseung and jay were walking down the street, glancing at a couple vendors here and there, but there was none that interested them enough to stop and take a good look. the two continued walking until jay noticed heeseung repeatedly looking over at a certain vendor, a jewelry vendor. if there was one thing jay knew about heeseung, it was that he liked jewelry.

so, jay being the good friend he is, gingerly grabbed heeseung's hand and led him toward the table covered in accessories. "come on, let's go look at some," jay looked up at heeseung with a small smile, in return heeseung gave him a slight nod, not wanting to show his excitement. while the two walkeded toward the vendor, heeseung readjusted his grip on jay's hand so that he could properly hold it.

when heeseung scanned the table of jewelry, he was immediately drawn to the rings. tugging on jay's hand, heeseung led them over to the ring section, trying to find anything that caught his eye.

heeseung continued to scan the rings, his eyes stopping at a particular pair, one black and one silver and in the middle of the rings were two hands, their pinkies intertwined in a pinky promise. "what do you think about these, love?" heeseung said, looking over at jay, pointing to the pair of rings he spotted earlier.

jay, still adjusting to the nickname, faltered for a second as he tried to cover his blush. "oh wow, they're pretty." jay said, glancing back up at heeseung after he had gotten a good look at the rings.

"let's get them then," heeseung said, letting go of jay's hand, quickly grabbing the pair of rings, and paying for it. jay's eyes were widened in surprise, it had happened so fast that he could barely process what had just happened. he wants to wear matching rings with me? me?

"can i see your right hand?" heeseung asked, a barely visible smile on his face, holding out his hand.

whithout answering, jay lightly put his hand on heeseung's. heeseung quickly brought out the silver ring from the bag and put it on jay's middle finger. once done, heeseung brought out the black ring and repeated the process on his own hand. jay looked down at the ring on his hand, biting back a smile.

"don't lose it, okay?" heeseung said, giving jay a stern look. jay rapidly nodded his head, assuring him that he wouldn't lose the ring, heeseung smiling fondly, not that jay noticed, at the sight in front of him.

the two continued walking to jay's house in a comfortable silence. once the two arrived at jay's house he stopped at the front door and turned to heeseung, a small smile gracing his lips, "thanks for walking me home."

"no need to thank me," heeseung said softly, ruffling jay's hair. "go inside, it's cold."

listening to heeseung's words, jay unlocked his door, turning back and waving to heeseung before finally going inside his warm house.

in record time, jay took off his coat and quickly ran up the stairs. as soon as he shut his bedroom door, he jumped onto his bed and screamed into his pillow. there was a lot to unpack. so many things happened today, it was a lot to take in.

that night, for the first time in a while, jay fell into a dreamless sleep.

~

today was jay's first full day of class. to say jay was nervous was an understatement. needing something to fidget with so that he could calm down at least a little bit, jay played with the silver  ring that adorned his hand, repeatedly turning it around his middle finger.

once he finished getting dressed, jay went downstairs, and on his way to the front door he passed through the kitchen to grab an apple. taehyun would definitely scold him later if he didn't eat something.