chapter ten

physically, jay was exhausted. he and heeseung had stayed at the park till the sun rose, only parting ways when it was time to leave or else they would be late to school. but mentally, jay was on cloud nine. staying up and talking to heeseung all night was something he didn't know he needed until he experienced it.

"jay, please come to the front and answer this question." jay's head snapped up when he heard his name being called. upon lifting his head the boy saw his teacher staring right at him, gesturing to the board.

fuck.

"you good bro?" jake asked jay who had his head resting on his arms, wallowing in his own self pity.

"i hate physics, the teacher is so mean." jay kept his head in his arms, not bothering to lift it from the lunch table.

"don't worry, heeseung will be here to cheer you up soon."

jay suddenly lifted his head, frowning at sunghoon in confusion. heeseung? where is he anyways?

just as jay was about to voice his confusion he was quickly cut off by sunoo.

"have you guys started practicing for the showcase?" sunoo spoke through clenched teeth, giving sunghoon a look before turning to jay.

"no, the dance looks so hard though." jay responded, turning back to sunghoon and jake, "what about you guys, have you started practicing?"

"nope."

"i don't want to fall," jake whined, dropping his head on the table, effectively making a loud noise.

"you're gonna fall no matter what, just get it over with." niki rolled his eyes, devouring the bungeoppang sunoo had bought him.

"shut the fuck up." jake said getting up from his seat, fist raised. midway, jake thought better of it and instead snatched his bungeoppang, putting the rest of it in his mouth.

"you-," niki gasped, cutting himself off as he lunged at jake.

"oh shit!" jake's voice was muffled by the food, trying to quickly chew and swallow as he backed away from the table.

"ok guys, let's just calm down." jungwon had his hands up trying to calm the two boys down.

"yeah niki, calm down." jake smirked at said boy, apparently the fear he felt just seconds ago was gone as he now wore a cocky persona.

niki was just about to unleash all of his rage on jake when he was promptly cut off by sunoo.

"it's ok niki. i'll buy you more later." sunoo smiled up at the younger, rubbing his arm comfortingly. niki just huffed in annoyance, grumbling as he sat down in his chair.

"hey guys." heeseung walked to the lunch table, pulling out the empty chair next to jay.

"hey." jay spoke quietly, leaning towards heeseung, "where've you been?"

"i was talking to the teachers about our upcoming field trip." as heeseung spoke, he pushed some of the lunch dishes he got towards jay, silently urging him to eat.

jay paused upon hearing what heeseung had said, turning to the older boy, "field trip? what field trip?"

"you know...the one for second and third years." heeseung's brows were furrowed in confusion.

"he wasn't paying attention in class the day it was announced," jake spoke, pushing his chewed food to the side of his mouth. "he missed basically all the important things."

"don't talk with food in your mouth." sunghoon gave jake a look before grabbing a napkin and wiping his mouth.

the older turned to jay, "don't worry," heeseung said, starting to eat some food himself. "i'm sure the teachers will go over everything again."