chapter eight

jay's steps faltered as he walked through the dance class door. it was the end of the day, they had switched dance class (along with the vocal and rap lessons which were at the same time) to last period, many dance students had complained about going to their next class sweating.

jay's eyes caught sungchan's and before he could think about it further, he made his way to the boy. heeseung almost stood up in worry when he saw jay approaching one of the transfers.

but before heeseung could do anything jay looked at him, flicking his hand, telling heeseung to stay put. the taller sighed, nodding, but still not taking his eyes off jay.

the brunette sat on the floor next to sungchan. "let's go to a cafe after class." jay whispered quietly, not looking at sungchan. only knowing that the older heard him when he received an equally as quiet, "okay."

for the rest of the class jay stayed by sungchan, learning the dance the teacher showed them that would be evaluated at the end of the week as a test grade.

once the class had ended the two walked out together in silence. as jay walked through the door he slipped his phone from his pocket, reading the messages he had gotten.

heeseung🏀

where are you going?
are you ok?
is he the ex?
do you want me to beat him up?

no he's not my ex😐
i'm ok, we're just going to a cafe

ok
call me if something happens

ok

as jay walked in the cafe he realized it was the one he had gone to with the boys. after the two had ordered and gotten their drinks they sat down, finding a table that was secluded and away from people.

"jongie," sungchan was the first to speak. as soon as his voice reached jay's ears it took all of his might not to text heeseung and take him up on his offer to beat the boy up.

"don't," jay's voice was sharp. the younger boy surprised himself at how sharp his voice sounded. it was out of character for him. "did you tell him?"

the older boy didn't need jay to elaborate, he already knew what the younger was talking about. was he the one that told donghyun where he transferred.

"i didn't. i swear i didn't," the older spoke, looking jay in the eyes.

"then how?"

"your father. he told donghyun's that you went to this school and...," sungchan trailed off. he didn't need to finish his sentence, jay understood what he was trying to say.

"why'd you transfer too?" jay's tone lost all of its bite, he just wanted to go home at this point. he had worked himself up so much that day, he deserved to at least rest.

"i don't want a repeat of what happened last time."

jay's breath caught in his throat, body still. at that moment, jay truly regretted having this talk with the older boy. it only brought up bad memories anyway. without even saying goodbye, the younger got up and walked through the door, heading home.

and as jay walked away, the older boy that now sat alone, ran a hand through his hair, cursing quietly before getting up, sighing as he threw away his drink.

jay immediately went to his room when he got to his house, not even bothering to greet his older brother who was in the kitchen. his mind was a mess at the moment.