Song 24 ♫ Fan in Love

It was time for THESUN to shine and I couldn't hog him to myself as I wanted.

For a whole month, our relationship was maintained by instant messaging and video calls while he traveled around promoting his solo debut single. From the coolest TV shows during day and nighttime, and even abroad, his face was plastered in newspapers, magazines, ads online and on mainstream media.

A late show interviewer asked him once, "Up to now, you've been used to sharing the spotlight with your bandmates from Casual Friday Funeral. How are you coping with all this attention only on yourself?"

Tae Yang, or Link, as everyone else knew him, looked on as the audience exploded in cheers and screams loud enough to shatter glass. Even despite the makeup he wore for the cameras, his cheeks grew red like streetlights.

Once the audience calmed down, he cleared his throat and faced the interviewer again. "It's kind of shocking, actually."

"Really?" the interviewer leaned forward. "I'd be basking in all of this euphoria!"

Tae Yang looked down for a second, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, well I've sort of always been happy in the background, just quietly doing my thing. I even had long hair to hide behind."

Someone shouted that they missed his hair, so loud and clear the studio microphones caught it.

Tae Yang chuckled. "It had to go for my military service. And actually once I was discharged, I didn't miss it because that way people didn't recognize me for a good while. I even got to go around on dates with my girlfriend in public with no one being the wiser."

"I bet that was fun," the interviewer said with a laugh.

Yeah, it was. If we wanted to go on a random Walmart date in the middle of the night now, it wouldn't be possible at all. Not even if he wore a paper bag on his head.

"But I have to admit I wasn't expecting all this commotion," Tae Yang continued saying, glancing at an audience growing more animated the more attention he gave them. "For a South Korean kid to grow into a mainstream artist in America? No way."

That had been the dream he'd once told me about, after he'd played me a piano song that turned out to be the basis for his debut single. Now that song permeated the lives of millions of people across the globe and his music video broke records.

And that guy was my boyfriend.

"Mierda, mierda," I said as Leyna drove us to the Amway Center.

"Why are you so nervous?" she asked, shaking her head.

I grabbed onto my seatbelt for dear life."This is going to sound crazy, but-"

"Yes, it absolutely will."

I ignored her. "But this past month has taught me just how amazing my boyfriend is and now we're headed to his band's concert and I'm afraid he's going to look even more incredible before my eyes."

Leyna gave me a quick look that absolutely read as WTF. "Why are you making it sound like it'd be a bad thing?"

"Because my heart's hammering so fast in my chest I'm afraid I may vomit it out of my mouth." I took several deep breaths. "And I think if I see him in action I'm going to keel over and die."

Or worse, fall in love even harder.

"Meanwhile," I continued saying, my voice trembling. "I'm just going to be just one more faceless person in the crowd."

"De qué hablas?" She grunted. "Didn't he give us VIP tickets so we would be super close to the stage?"

"That's not what I mean."