11

For the first time your face meant safety

I was running.

It was dark and in the wood I had to watch out to not trip in something.

All I heard was my feet hitting the ground with each step I take.

I frantically looked behind me to see him getting closer.

So I just ran. Faster than ever.

My lungs and muscles burning, heart racing, the panick the only thing that still keep me on my feet.

But he was getting closer.

I looked behind me, but couldn't make it out who was chasing me.

My time was limited. With each step I'm just closer when he'll get me.

That part of the wood was crowded with trees so I tried to confuse him with not running in a straight line.

The fear that consumed me was the worst I've ever experienced. I felt it in all of my cells.

Tears blurred my vision and I tripped in a huge stone on the ground. With a small thud I landed on the ground, trying to get up, but my exhausted muscles gave in, and I stayed paralyzed on the ground.

I turned on my back to see him approach me. He wore a black mask that covered his whole face but his eyes and lips.

He pulled out a knife and grabbed my ankle as a tried to back away. With one powerful tug, I was in front of him. He put the sharp weapon to my throat and forced my head to the ground.

I was laying flat on my back as he hovered over me. He used his weight to keep me down, and I couldn't breathe.

My heart beated so fast I thought it'll give out.

"Please let me go." I pleaded and tears rolled down my cheek.

His sadistic smirk left me sobbing, and with everything I tried to push him away. I felt the stinging at my throat but ignored it.

"Let me go! Please!"

"Please, I didn't do anything!"

All of my words were useless, he just put more pressure on me and looked in my eyes with coldness, the smirk still present on his face.

...

"Lucy, wake up!"

"Lucy, it's me!"

I abruptly opened my eyes to meet his hazel ones.

I was laying in my bed, in a pool of sweat, my heart still racing.

I felt dampness on my cheeks, fresh tears still flooding from my eyes.

I was out of breath, and even through my mouth I felt like I can't get enough air.

"It's okay, it was just a dream." Dylan was sitting on my bed next to me, with a worried expression. One of his hands was still holding my arm like he could lose me any second because of another nightmare.

"I need you to breathe and calm down okay?" He was almost whispering, that I found really soothing and he was gently rubbing my arm.

I did as he told, taking in deeper breaths, and after a minute or so both my breathing and heartbeating slowed down. Silent tears still escaped my eyes, that I couldn't hold back. Everything felt so real.

I still felt like I was running.

I was looking at my shaking hands, thinking back what happened in that other dimension. I've never experienced anything like that. Of course I had nightmares sometimes, but never woke up crying and shaking.