19

It's the way you mend my pieces

I was lost in my writing for a few hours until I decided to have some snacks. The past days I got almost nothing to eat and I see that the clothes I got back then from Dylan, was now loose on me. I was out of shape, even climbing the stairs left me a panting mess.

I always had troubles with my waist when it came into buying new trousers, because everything was either too loose on my waist or the smaller size was too tight on my hips and couldn't even put it on.

Well, it became worse and I had to tie my joggers tighter so it wouldn't fall. I also noticed as my tank tops didn't follow my body anymore, and frankly all of this annoyed me. I already had quite bad eating habits, considering I don't eat enough vegetables or fruit. I completely ignored my health in the past month so I'm determined to take care of myself after these rough days.

Before I'd have stepped in the kitchen I wanted to check on Dylan to see if he's still asleep. I poked my head in the door and found him sitting there, rubbing at his eyes.

"Did I wake you up?"

He raised his head to find the source of my voice.

"No, I just woke up a few minutes ago." His voice was raspier than usual as he just woke up.

A heavy sigh left his lips before he locked his eyes with mine again.

"Can you pack your stuff? We should go to the institute as soon as possible. We don't have too much time, I'm concerned they'd find us again."

I nodded and after grabbing some cookie I found in a cupboard I went to my bedroom to collect the few things I have with myself.

After we arrived, Thomas went to bring us some clothes and anything we'd need, so I grabbed the backpack he gave me and started to put in the few article of clothes I have. My insulin and papers also got their place in there, along with my toothbrush and toothpaste. I checked the bathroom and the bedroom again to see if I had everything.

With a sigh I threw the backpack over shoulder and made my way downstairs where I found Dylan waiting for me.

We silently left the house we stayed in the last few days, where we healed, and we got in the car that was parked in front of it.

"You mentioned you have helicopters. Why do we go by a car?" I haven't asked the length of our journey but I'm sure it won't be a 10 minutes ride.

Just after the sentence slipped out, I remembered that I have an awful fear of heights. It won't be pleasant to sit in that car for the rest of the day, but much better than fighting for my life in the air.

He was a bit hesitant with his answer. "I'm not on the best terms with my boss, so I don't think he'd gladly lend a helicopter for a travel that we can make by a car as well."

I raised my eyebrows a bit as I got in the passenger seat. He never really talked about his boss or what his team actually does. I didn't want to ask questions he probably won't give answers to and make him distant. I didn't want the time back when he always roughly grabbed my arm, or pushed me against walls to intimidate me.

I don't know what changed, but he doesn't hurt me anymore. Well, not physically. It's maybe because I didn't try to escape, and accepted the fact that I'm stuck with him. I don't know.

But he did hurt me with his confession the other day. I had millions of ideas what was the purpose of kidnapping me, but not expected that one. The fact that Charlie is also involved in that just makes it so much worse, because now I constantly worry about him. Before that at least I could think that my loved ones are safe, and I was worried only about myself.