20

We jumped off the bridge to fly away

The elevator came to a stop as we arrived at the top floor. We shared a reassuring look before stepping out to a huge hallway.

The first thing that grabbed my attention is the beautiful marble floor across the whole hallway. The walls had a matching creme color and I suddenly felt like I'm in a luxury hotel. With my jaw dropped to the ground I walked beside Dylan, going pass several people who wore casual outfits. They didn't have a uniform or anything, but black was the main color to their clothes.

All of them stared at me, probably didn't understand the purpose of my presence here. After we turned left I saw a door at the end of the corridor, Dylan telling me it's his boss' office.

"Can't we just leave that part out and go straight to the rooms where we'll stay?"

He chuckled. "He already knows we're here, and he said he wants to talk to me."

When we arrived I saw him taking in a deep breath before he knocked on the door. A deep voice called out a 'Come in' and Dylan opened it.

I stayed behind him, feeling a wave of self consciousness wash through me as the man behind the desk looked me up and down. I only looked at him for a second before I started to inspect my shoes instead. In that short amount of time I could see that he's in his late 20's and the moment he saw me, disgust radiated from his face.

It lasted only a few seconds, but it was enough to make me feel embarrassed and turn my head into a tomato. Dylan stepped forward, probably to grab his attention and they shook hands.

"Leave us alone, please." The man said rather rudely. He added the please to make it sound better.

I quickly changed a look with Dylan, who nodded, showing me it's okay and safe to wait outside. I obeyed, and after closing the door behind myself I grew annoyed by the feeling I got. I felt really disrespected, like I'm just an irritating dirt on his shoe.

I understand his part of the story, and where he's coming from. One of his men was sent into prison by my brother. I get that he's angry, but I'm not my brother. And Charlie can also have his reasons, I bet that man never even considered that he was threatened or forced to do it. No, he's quick to judge him, and hate me as well. I was boiling with rage, I really can't bare with people who talks to me disrespectfully, while they don't even know me.

Shouting coming out from the office pulled me out of my thoughts, the harsh noise made me jump. Their voices were muffled a bit, but I could understand the next words.

"There's no fucking way, you sick bastard!" I've never heard Dylan shout like that, for a second I didn't even recognize his voice.

"I don't need your consent!"

After a few seconds of silence it was broken again, this time by a quieter voice, so I had to hold my ear against the door to hear it properly.

"Get close to her and see what happens!"

The breath hitched in my throat and I luckily stepped away because the next second the door was opened by a shaking Dylan. He slammed the door shut behind him, what made me flinch. He was so fucking angry, his face and neck was red and the vain on his neck became visible.

His frantic state scared me, but I followed behind him. His powerful steps made me have to jog to keep up.

On the way to the elevator I tried to find a way to talk to him that wouldn't make him angrier.

After he pushed the button we waited there awkwardly, but I spoke up eventually.

"What happened, Dylan?" I was quiet with my words, knowing he can snap anytime.