25

What are you trying to say?

I felt my hair being brushed out of my face. It was gentle and sweet. My eyes were still closed, but I could tell the sun had already risen because of the lights through my eyelids.

I felt more caresses against my hair, that made a small smile to creep up my face. I fluttered my eyes open to see a sleepy looking Dylan next to me. We rested on our sides and faced each other. He had his other hand tucked under his head, as his other one still played with my curls.

"Mornin'." He rasped with a drowsy smile.

I closed back my eyes to get lost in his touch. "I hope my morning look didn't scare you when you woke up." I chuckled at my own joke.

Frankly I hope he didn't stare at me for so long... I probably look like a mess, just like every morning. But he looked so cute, like a toddler after he woke up from his afternoon nap.

"Oh shut up." He said annoyedly. "Believe it or not, it was pleasant to wake up next to you."

This made me snap my eyes open. He looked shocked himself too, I guess he didn't plan to say these words. I didn't want him to feel embarrassed so I decided to be honest as well.

"I liked waking up to you playing with my hair." I offered a sheepish smile.

I'll probably regret I said it later.

But I've never had such a peaceful night sleep, nor such a sweet morning.

He feels so different now. We feel different. Like a year just passed in our sleep, because I felt closer to him in a way. This moment felt so fragile, because I didn't know what's going to happen next. Will we go back to our previous selves and pretend it didn't happen? Are we going to change? What happens when we'll get out of bed?

He had a bright smile on his face from my confession. We stayed like this, just taking in each other's features. His eyes looked a bit puffy from sleeping, his face pressed against his pillow. I couldn't stop myself when I took my hand from under my head to reach out and touch his face.

I slowly ran my pointing finger along his sharp jawline, stopped at his chin to trace my thumb over his bottom lip. He looked mesmerized as his eyes never left mine. His skin felt so soft, his lips warm against my touch. He then puckered his lips to press a delicate kiss on my finger.

I wanted to savour this moment as long as I could. We were in this bubble that allowed us to fly, but we knew it can shatter any second. I hated the unsureness I felt, the way I touched him, it was like my hands were scared it's the last time, and they wanted to memorize all the details.

He cupped my cheek, and gently caressed it, that made me nuzzle into his touch. I allowed myself to stare at him shamelessly, to adore his features without questioning if it's right to look at him this way. We stayed like this for some other minutes, that felt like forever until he spoke up.

"We have to get up, soon." However, he didn't move a muscle. He wanted to stay just as much as me.

"I know." I whispered back. "What time is it?"

The clock was on the nightstand on my side, but I was too lazy to turn around. He raised his head a bit to get a glimpse of the device.

"It's almost 10."

He sighed and sat up a bit to peck my forehead, before he rolled to his other side and stood up. The sweet gesture made my heart fluttering, and had my stomach erupting in butterflies.

"I'll go get ready in the bathroom downstairs, so the one upstairs is yours."

I nodded and watched him as he left my room with a smile on his face. I got out of bed with the same expression. I felt giddy from all of it, it's like it's not even my life. I've never had anyone by my side when I woke up.