Chapter 42

I wear the sexy lingerie that the girls and I bought yesterday. I hate to admit how powerful and spicy I feel. It makes my heart race, even if no one will see it. Even if it's just for me.

The idea of Darcy seeing me like this intrudes my thoughts. I hate how it makes me feel, how a heartbeat appears where it shouldn't.

I put my makeup on slowly, trying my hardest to make it perfect, the way Acacia does it. I've gotten better since knowing her, she's taught me so much about being self-assured and poised.

Now the hard part: choosing what to wear. I walk into Candice's old room. Candice was one of Gladys' foster children. I've only met her a handful of times when she's come back to visit Gladys. She lives in Canada, studying grey wolves.

I've been into her old room a few times. She left almost all of her clothes. She said she wouldn't need them in Canada. She has far better style than I do, even if her clothes aren't trending now.

I go through her wardrobe and look for something to 'borrow'.

I spot a silver dress with some kind of glittering fabric. It's stunning – the kind of dress even Acacia would fawn over. The breast area is like a corset, with a v style underwire. Just below the underwire is a cut out the shape of a crescent moon. The rest of the dress is tight and short.

Candice was taller than me, so I can't imagine how short it must have been on her. I feel like my coochie is almost out.

I admire myself in the mirror, and realise that I won't be able to wear a bra with this. I unstrap the navy lacy bra and toss it to the floor.

My boobs look huge. This dress made them go from tweedle Dee to tweedle Double D.

I take a pic and send it to Acacia for confirmation. I'm already running late and I don't have time to try anything else on.

Acacia: Stunning. Now hurry up and get that perky ass to the front door!

I run to my front door. Xander and Acacia are smooching in the back of a taxi.

I hop into the passenger seat.

We make our way to the party.

.

.

.

There's got to be atleast two hundred people here. Despite the numbers, Alyssa's 'holiday' house is so large that it's hardly crowded.

"Pick a target, Jade," Acacia says in my ear as we make our way inside the house.

I glance around the bustling room. There's only a few cute guys in our grade. Some of them are taken, some of them are assholes, and the others are probably in the closet.

"What about Drake? Wouldn't it be good to get back at Alyssa?" Acacia suggests.

"Drake scares me as much as Alyssa does," I cringe.

The four of us (being me and Acacia, Xander and Raphael) head over to the kitchen made mini bar. I give Raphael a once over. He's wearing a pale pink polo, one that not every guy here could pull off. His tan skin makes the pink pop, his light brown afro pulled back into a low ponytail.

Acacia looks just as good, wearing a light blue two piece that accentuates her figure. Xander is possibly the most underdressed of the four of us.

"Let's do shots!" Acacia suggests.

Xander applauds, as much of a party animal as Acacia is.

Acacia grabs four shot glasses and pours vodka into them until they almost overflow.