Chapter 70

again, i'm sorry for the late update. i'm sad it's almost over. only one more official chapter left. then i will do some bonus chapters hehe. 

Perry and Jackson collapse onto the floor. My bullet pierced Jackson's heart. Blood wets his shirt, spreading through it. I step on his wrist, then take the gun from it, passing it to Acacia.

Perry is laying beside him.

His gun - which was on her neck - shot a hole through her. 

She's bleeding out in front of me.

I run forward, crumbling beside her. I wrap my hands around her neck, trying desperately to stop the blood.

"Go get help," I spit at Acacia, who somehow freed herself.

She hesitates, looking at Perry with shock.

"Now!" I yell.

She runs from the train.

Perry's eyes flutter closed.

"It's ok," I say to her, "It's all going to be ok, just hold on for a little while."

"I-" she sputters, blood pouring from her mouth.

"Perry, it's ok, you're going to be ok." I look down at my hands and they are painted in blood, as if I dipped them in a bucket of red acrylic.

"Read," she says, "my book."

"You can read it to me," I say.

Jackson cackles on the floor beside us.

I refrain from stabbing him in the eye. Now, I have to focus on Perry. "Acacia is getting help. You just need to hold on, just don't go to sleep."

Perry's eyes are fluttering closed as I speak.

"Jade?" she says, quietly.

"Yes?"

"Tell Xander –"

"No, Perry, you tell him yourself, ok?"

"I love him. And Ben. Tell Ben. And..."

"No, no, no, no, no," I'm crying. Tears streaming down my cheeks. "No, Perry, don't be silly."

Her eyes close.

I can't feel her heartbeat through my finger tips anymore. My finger tips which are soaked in her blood, right at her jugular.

I stand up, blood is everywhere. All over her neck. All over my hands, my elbows, my wrists.

I turn to Jackson, and somehow I'm holding Callum's gun again.

But Jackson has a knife and he's on his feet in seconds.

Why did I only shoot him in the chest? Why didn't I shoot his fucking brains?

He lunges forward, pinning me to the ground. The gun is sprung from my hands, his knife is at my throat.

"You will become the face of a revolution. Whether you like it or not. You can kill me, but that won't stop the war. It's already begun," he says, smiling, even though his strength is fading from him.

I kick him hard, enough that he loses his balance. He could have killed me – he could've let the knife slip into my neck. But he doesn't. He wants me alive.

Wish I could say the same for him.

When he's on the floor, I scramble for my gun. He's too slow and I have grabbed it before he can stop me.

"Kill me!" he dares. "I want it to be you."

I look back at Perry, lifeless on the floor, her blonde hair dyed red.